What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Debating whether I should do the following...

Checkpoint

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, Apple just released their new iPod Touch today and mine is an iPod Touch 2G and it completely sucks! It's always freezing in the middle of playing music, watching videos, web surfing, and sometimes, even when it's doing absolutely nothing. Now, I have about $100 (I'm only 15 and I don't have a job at the moment) and I would LOVE a new iPod Touch as I love listening to music, only problem is money... now, the only way I could possibly get enough money to buy the new iPod would be to sell my iPad (my parents are going to kill me for spending $500 two months ago and now selling what I spent $500 on) and I know almost all of the comments are going to say "It's your decision, not ours" or something along those lines, but what would you guys do in this situation... and yes, I REALLY REALLLLLLLY love music.

So yeah, what would you guys do?

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Try a full reset on the iPod touch and even a restore as it sounds like a software issue or Abadan app or file. Also I don't understand the $500 cost where do you live? That the iPod touch costs that much....your current solution is fine for what you are doing just restore it. Maybe once you have a job again you can save up for the latest but keep in mind the music will be the same just new bells and whistles have been added

OP
C

Checkpoint

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try a full reset on the iPod touch and even a restore as it sounds like a software issue or Abadan app or file. Also I don't understand the $500 cost where do you live? That the iPod touch costs that much....your current solution is fine for what you are doing just restore it. Maybe once you have a job again you can save up for the latest but keep in mind the music will be the same just new bells and whistles have been added

Done both. I wiped every little thing off of it last Friday and updated with the latest iOS version available (4.0.2 or w/e it is). And the iPod is not jailbroken. Two of my friends have the same generation iTouch as me and theirs does the same thing.

tosh.jc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm a massive music fan myself, so I can understand the dilemma. However, there's not a chance I'd sacrifice my iPad in exchange for an iPod. After all, the iPad has an iPod built in, and I have all of my music on it. You don't have a giant screen with the iPod, and that makes all the difference to me.

My advice: hold onto the iPad and buy a decent, high-capacity mp3 player to supplement it. You can get a pretty damn good mp3 player for about $100. It won't have all the capabilities of an iPod, but that's what the iPad's for!

Jake18oly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Keep the ipad and save money until you can afford the new ipod touch. That is what I am planning to do.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, Apple just released their new iPod Touch today and mine is an iPod Touch 2G and it completely sucks! It's always freezing in the middle of playing music, watching videos, web surfing, and sometimes, even when it's doing absolutely nothing. Now, I have about $100 (I'm only 15 and I don't have a job at the moment) and I would LOVE a new iPod Touch as I love listening to music, only problem is money... now, the only way I could possibly get enough money to buy the new iPod would be to sell my iPad (my parents are going to kill me for spending $500 two months ago and now selling what I spent $500 on) and I know almost all of the comments are going to say "It's your decision, not ours" or something along those lines, but what would you guys do in this situation... and yes, I REALLY REALLLLLLLY love music.

So yeah, what would you guys do?
Do you actually need to do all those things on the Touch?

I'd do movies and surfing on the iPad and get the new Nano for the music...

Prasius

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Agreed with the last poster.

An iPad and nano would do everything I needed.

Holly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would keep the iPad and update an MP3 player as well. I have no music on my iPad. Keep it all on my MP3 for portability. Home Bose speakers so do not need music on the iPad.

lumberjak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also agree with other posters, don't be tempted by the new toys. Keep the iPad and either get a used or new Nano (can get a good used Nano for cheap) or another name brand MP3 player. I have the iPad and a Touch and honestly I use the Touch for 2 things; music and a quick scheduler. The iPad for everything else.

Most reactions

Latest posts