What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deauthorizing my ipad2???

Everett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All,

My ipad3 [or whatever you want to call it!] is due to arrive today. Presently we have itunes authorized in my wife's Mac, my PC
and each of our current ipads [1 and 2]. I went to the iTunes account to see how I deauthorize my iPad2 but it only seems to have
the option of deauthorizing all computers! Is there a way I can just deauthorize my iPad2 and authorize my iPad3? Alternatively I may want
to deauthorize her iPad1, give her the iPad2, and give the iPad1 to my son. In that case I'd deauthorize the iPad1.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Everett

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here you go: iTunes Store: Associating a device or computer to your Apple ID

Removing an associated device or computer from an Apple ID

To remove a device or computer from your Apple ID:

Open iTunes.
Sign in to your Apple ID by choosing Store > Sign In from the iTunes menu.
Choose Store > View My Account from the iTunes menu.*
From the Account Information screen, click Manage Devices.
Click the Remove button next to the device name you would like to unassociate.

OP
E

Everett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for the response. Unfortunately when I bring up the account screen there is no "Manage devices" option to
choose from! I am trying to do this from my PC and my wife inititally set up the iTunes account from her Mac. Maybe that is the issue?
Do I have to use her Mac to manage the devices?

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I believe you have to use the computer that is the 'home' computer for the account.

Most reactions

Latest posts