What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deauthorizing Computers

Knightoftheapp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hello,

I have a new PC and I just authorized my computer. A message popped up the essentially said that I've authorized 4 out of 5 computers. So I have three older computers that need to be deauthorized. How do I do that? Thanks.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have a new PC and I just authorized my computer. A message popped up the essentially said that I've authorized 4 out of 5 computers. So I have three older computers that need to be deauthorized. How do I do that? Thanks.
If you still have access to the three other computers you can open the iTunes app and click on account in the toolbar at the top of the screen. In the menu that appears, click on deauthorize this computer. You'll have to do this for each computer separately. If you no longer have access to the computers, go to the featured page in the iTunes Store on your new computer and click on account near the upper right of the page and sign into your account. In your Apple ID summary is a listing for Computer Autorizations. Click on Deauthorize all, then reauthorize your new computer by going to the account heading in the toolbar and clicking on Authorize this Computer.

If you're using Windows PC's go to the store heading in the iTunes menu bar, click on it and go to Deauthorize This Computer and click on that. To deauthorize all computers, go to your account on the iTunes Store featured page and follow the same directions as for a Mac. To reauthorize your new computer, go to the store heading in the iTunes menu bar, where you select and click on Authorize This Computer.

Last edited:
OP
Knightoftheapp

Knightoftheapp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for all your help. It worked. I now have only one out of five computers authorized. Thanks again.

Most reactions

Latest posts