What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DB iPad Weather Lockscreen - PAID Winterboard Theme

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
DB iPad Weather Lockscreen is an awesome new lockscreen weather widget available for $1.99 on Cydia.

There isn't much point in writing too much about it, as a picture paints a thousand words... :)

9a783fdbb8c9cb29a0259b4bf2117745.jpg

The only thing to say is that the weather is configurable, either by using a specific Yahoo weather code, or automagically via the MyLocation app (install GPS Lockscreen Weather from Cydia to enable this feature).

The lockscreen also fully supports screen rotation from portrait to landscape. I'd also like to point out that Glasgow does not look like that when it is 3 degrees outside either :D

Last edited:

Ludatyk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cool Locksreen... Only reason I avoid Lockscreen themes is that it removes notifications from the Lockscreen.

I once had some theme on the Lock Screen.. And when I realized it wasn't giving me my notifications.l I removed it. I do have Intelliscreen X.. But I'd rather see what's happening..

But Cool Lockscreen nonetheless..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Cool Locksreen... Only reason I avoid Lockscreen themes is that it removes notifications from the Lockscreen.

Just to be clear, Notifications are expected to work, even with a Lock screen theme. The reason they weren't sometimes was an issue with Winterboard which has now been fixed.

So everyone can bow enjoy themes + notifications! ;)

jemyclarke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I always like to see natural themes. I have downloaded lots of themes from web and stored in my iPad 4 as well as in iPhone 5. Here this theme is really outstanding and I am so exciting tio catch this theme in my iPad 4.

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Can you please tell me what do you mean by "theme"?What is a theme?

A theme is a package of files which can be installed on a jailbroken iPad to change the appearance of one or more elements of the device. For example, this theme changes the appearance fo the lock screen as you can see above. Other themes change the style of the icons etc.

This is only possible if you jailbreak, hence the reason that this thread is within the Hacking Section of the site. It you read many of the sticky threads we have in this section they will explain more - iPad Hacking

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Can you please tell me what do you mean by "theme"?What is a theme?

A theme is, basically an overlay, what you apply to make your iPad look different than stock. You can apply it to the lock screen, the homescreen(s) and within an app - or all three.

Have a look at the various posts in this hacking sub-section. You'll see a whole bunch of ways people can change the appearance of their iPads.

Marilyn

wench

iPF Novice
Reaction score
DB iPad Weather Lockscreen is an awesome new lockscreen weather widget available for $1.99 on Cydia.

There isn't much point in writing too much about it, as a picture paints a thousand words... :)

The only thing to say is that the weather is configurable, either by using a specific Yahoo weather code, or automagically via the MyLocation app (install GPS Lockscreen Weather from Cydia to enable this feature).

The lockscreen also fully supports screen rotation from portrait to landscape. I'd also like to point out that Glasgow does not look like that when it is 3 degrees outside either :D

I purchased this, installed GPS lock screen also, and have no idea how to work it. My lock screen gets real funky. Also anytime I do something with winter board, my ipad freezes and I have to respring. Ant ideas? Just would love to have current weather on lock screen. Thx

Most reactions

Latest posts