What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DataVault Password Manager for iPad v4.3 beta

Ascendo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We are preparing to release a beta of version 4.3 of DataVault Password Manager for iPad. This will be a free update for current customers. Some of the features we are adding include;
- Split View on iPad with items listed to the left and item details to the right (see screen shot below).
- Synchronization with DataVault for Mac or DataVault for Windows using MobileMe and other WebDav servers.
- Backup & Restore using application file sharing in iOS 3.2 and above.

If you are interested in participating, please send me a pm or email. To be eligible you must be an iPadForums.net member with at least one post.

Best,
Marc

dv43split.png

Last edited by a moderator:

CatiPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cool beans! I would like to participate if there is still space.

Sorry if this is a noob question but what is a Webdav server?

Thanks!
Ellen

OP
Ascendo

Ascendo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cool beans! I would like to participate if there is still space.
Sorry if this is a noob question but what is a Webdav server?

Hi Ellen,

Thanks for the question.

In a nutshell, WebDav (Web-based Distributed Authoring and Versioning protocol) provides a way to store and edit documents on internet servers. Apple's Mobile Me offers file access via WebDav. Several companies have set up free WebDav servers such as Box.net, MyDrive.ch, MyDisk.se.

DataVault v4.3 provides sychronization via WebDav in addition to other methods such as Wi-Fi, Adhoc network and application file sharing. The advantages of WebDav include the ability to sync from any device with an internet connection (wireless, cable or carrier network) and simplified configuration.

Best,
Marc

Last edited by a moderator:

xandra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I’m using Paranotic Password Manager - this is great and is really very useful. Portable version, click-to-copy passwords, logins,emails and ect. Daily backup data to the server – you allways can restore your data file if you lost it. Recommend!

DrJNAB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Marc,

I'm interested for sure, I've sent an email.
Which version do I need on Windows to sync with my Ipad?

Most reactions

Latest posts