What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Data plan

jen3247

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My sister is in the hospital and her Ipad gave the message that she needs to add to her data plan. Problem is she cannot remember what info she signed up with. She said she had a different email address when she signed up and has no idea what the password was. She tried the forgot password option to have it emailed to her. But of course it probably went to the old email address. I told her she probably just has to wait until it automatically renews. Correct? She doesn't know what the date for that is. She can't remember the account number that she gave for billing. And that info is at home.
I think she is just out of luck until it renews. Am I correct or is there some way she can get into her account?
Thanks

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jen3247 said:
My sister is in the hospital and her Ipad gave the message that she needs to add to her data plan. Problem is she cannot remember what info she signed up with. She said she had a different email address when she signed up and has no idea what the password was. She tried the forgot password option to have it emailed to her. But of course it probably went to the old email address. I told her she probably just has to wait until it automatically renews. Correct? She doesn't know what the date for that is. She can't remember the account number that she gave for billing. And that info is at home.
I think she is just out of luck until it renews. Am I correct or is there some way she can get into her account?
Thanks

She could call the network help line, they may be able to ask her a few security questions and then help her out if she answers them correctly.......I've had success with that here in the UK.

The Archangel

OP
J

jen3247

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Of course it's a no brainer....it IS in the settings. BUT it requires you to log in with your email and password and that is what she can't remember!

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Like Gabe, I am also puzzled about where this data is found for cellular data. Here is a screen shot of where you go to update your cellular data subscription. You cannot go further than this screen. If you don't know, then you go thru the forgot password button. There it ends:

Attachments

• image-856871552.jpg
    image-856871552.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 232
OP
J

jen3247

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Exactly...and if she can't remember what email she originally signed up with, she can't get any further than this screen!

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jen3247 said:
Exactly...and if she can't remember what email she originally signed up with, she can't get any further than this screen!

I think she'll need to try my earlier advice and contact the data provider by phone.

The Archangel

Most reactions

Latest posts