What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cydia Mobile Subtrate Update

Munky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am already on iOS 5 and updated it and it messed everything up. What worked for me is swipe at the top for sbsettings and press the power menu and tap safe mode. Then when your springboard comes back up it will pop up with a notification that springboard has crashed. Tap the restart button that popup gives and it will restart your springboard and hopefully all should be fixed.

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There was no way to open ánything on my iPad. That was the first thing I thought of; safe mode. But no luck. :(

Munky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wish I could help more. Perhaps the mobile substrate update was meant for iOS 5 only and that's how I got out of the error. That's about the only thing I can think of.

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was thinking of that it was ONLY for iOS 5. But nobody else seems to have the problems... It looks like it's just me and ssemmel!
Weird...

Munky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As was said before, I would wait a bit if possible to see if the problem gets solved before resorting to a restore.

OP
S

ssemmel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am already on iOS 5 and updated it and it messed everything up. What worked for me is swipe at the top for sbsettings and press the power menu and tap safe mode. Then when your springboard comes back up it will pop up with a notification that springboard has crashed. Tap the restart button that popup gives and it will restart your springboard and hopefully all should be fixed.

I swiped the SBsetting and when I hit power it just locked the whole thing up. I can't get to safemode....

OP
S

ssemmel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just as an fyi... others are having the same issue. No solutions yet.

[Moderator edit: Removed external link to another forum. Read our rules, please!]

Last edited by a moderator:

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In the description, it says that updating will require a reboot. Did you guys do that?
I am scared to update now.

penanot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just updated and also reboot... No problem... Running on ipad1 4.3.3...

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
In the "for what it's worth department" - I updated just fine. I have an iPad1, so maybe that's the difference.

But, no issues here - so I don't know what to say/how to help y'all, except - hang it there...

Marilyn

Munky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Once I figured out how to fix the error everything is fine for me. Still no folderenhancer, iconoclasm or infinidock though. Those require an update to iconsupport that isn't out yet apparently. Don't know about winterboard, as the only thing I had that required it was 5 row keyboard and I know that isn't going to work yet given the keyboard changes.

Most reactions

Latest posts