What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

mobile substrate upgrade from cydia

nammi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I noticed when i opened my cydia there is an upgrade for mobile substrate ..

I am so reluctant to do the up date, since i read quite a few post that stating problems after upgrading mobile substrate ..

My question is :
- What is the function of mobile substrate .. (In a not too technical terms)
- What will happen to my jailbreak 4.3.3 3G-Ipad 2 if i don't upgrade and leave the mobile substrate upgrade just there.. (hopefully the 5.0.1 jailbreak will come soon)
- IF I DID upgrade, and for one reason or another problems arised and my Ipad got stuck .. Could i restore back my Ipad to the current jailbreak state ? (I have installed Pkge BackUp) also safe mode .

thank you ...

OP
nammi

nammi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
can anyone help ..plz

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Mobile Substrate is a core component of the vast majority of jailbreak tweaks. You should always accept updates for this component unless you read credible advice to the contrary from a trusted source such as this forum.

No such recent advice has been issued for Mobile Substrate, so you should update it. As always, you should protect yourself with a recent backup using a tool like PKGBackup before you udate.

OP
nammi

nammi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thank you for the advise .. appreciate it .. have installed the update and all is well ... cheers

Most reactions

Latest posts