What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cydia Apps

Chapco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Still testing :)
Some items that used to play terrible on the iPad play nicer*.

Testing with UPnP and SMB

Sometimes the larger files fail to play completely.. but really i don't have it dialed in yet so cant blame the software yet.

naman919

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm really struggling to find Cydia apps that will work well.

StatusNotifier just kicks me into safe mode even after a tethered reboot.

I would like LockInfo to be able to see weather and calendars and such on my lock screen too but haven't had luck with that.

What is the name of the app that lets you scroll vertically instead of horizontally through app pages?

I use an android phone and status bar notifications would be awesome.

Also, MakeItMine didn't do anything either. bummer.

So far I have iFile and that's about it.

Can you guys recommend more apps than just XMBC. i don't really need that app right now. TIA.

***update***
Installed these so far but still want more recommendations

CyDelete - to delete cydia apps from springboard like regular apps.
FullForce - auto force iphone apps to fullscreen.
Tab+ - fullscreen + gestures in safari ($1.99)
WinterBoard - adds themes. I can't find any really.

Last edited:

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What is the name of the app that lets you scroll vertically instead of horizontally through app pages?

Also, MakeItMine didn't do anything either. bummer.

Infiniboard ~ to scroll vertically
ChangeCarrier ~ to change ipad name.

Other suggestions:
SBSsettings
Graviboard ~ nice lil trick
Infinifolders
Gridlock
SleepFx
MoveToUnlock

Hope that helps

Last edited:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm really struggling to find Cydia apps that will work well.

StatusNotifier just kicks me into safe mode even after a tethered reboot.

I would like LockInfo to be able to see weather and calendars and such on my lock screen too but haven't had luck

Notified Pro works well on iPad for notifications, even though its developed for phones. Also install Notified Bar for fun.

Lockinfo is in beta but works great. You need to add David Ashmans Beta repo to install the working version (google it)

As for themes, try BlackHaz3 and Uinique...

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

sh0nuff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My "killer app" is LockCalendar. Nothing else comes close to keeping me organized like it does. My iPad is on a swing arm at work, and all I have to do is power it up to see my appointments at a glance, right there on the lock screen. :)

naman919

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks OUTL4W, f4780y, and sh0nuff for your inputs. I downloaded a mix of the recommended apps and came away much happier just overnight.

Here's my current list:

Activator - allows you to assign gestures/buttons to any app or action you want.

Airplane SBSettings Toggle - Toggle phone into airplane mode (SBSettings required)

Animate - Boot Logo Animations

Backgrounder - enable and manage true forefront multitasking. ***Since Uninstalled***

Calculator Widget - SBSettings Calculator Widget (SBSettings required)

ChangeCarrier** - Change "iPad" name in upper left corner to whatever you want.

CyDelete** - Delete Cydia apps from springboard like normal apps.

Dimmer** - Allows you to dim the screen beyond the brightness minimum default. VERY useful. (iOS 5 beta 2 notes - works with defaults but extensions don't show up in Settings so you can't control anything)

FullForce - Force iphone apps to open in fullscreen mode. Formatting off a bit sometimes.

FullScreen for iPad - allows fullscreen and gesture control in Safari. (iOS beta 2 notes - crashes safari)

GridLock - Place Icons anywhere on Grid. (iOS 5 beta 2 notes - locks up iPad after respring. had to do a full system restore to correct.)

iFile** - File Manager.

Infinidock - Scrollable dock and allows more than 4 icons on dock. A MUST. (iOS 5 beta 2 notes - locked up iPad and required a restore.)

iPadRetro - Retro apple boot logo.

Lock Calendar** - Calendar entries on your lock screen. (iOS 5 beta 2 notes - caused no problems but since no extensions show in the Settings, there's no way to activate it.)

ManualCorrect - Simple app that reverses the spell correct feature on the iPad. Instead of autocorrecting immediately it will allow words to be mispelled, keep them underlined, and then allow you to "replace" them after you're done typing.

Multifl0w - expose-like or palm pre like multitasking preview.

MultiIconMover - allows you to move more than one icon at a time.

NES A.D. Plus - Full-featured NES Emulator. Built-in ROM downloader, Wiimote support.

OpenSSH - SSH into iPad to modify root files. ex: enable HDMI mirroring on iPad1.

PkgBackup - Backup and restore Cydia apps.

Pull to Refresh Mail - pull-to-refresh feature to Mail app.

Pull to Refresh Safari - pull-to-refresh feature to Safari.

Safari Download Plug-In - download stuff from safari.

SBSettings - useful toggles for wifi, BT, etc... dropdown from status bar.

Serious SBSettings HD - Retina/HD SBSettings theme.

ShowCase - Make keyboard show current case. By default the apple keyboard is always in uppercase even when you're typing in lowercase. this fixes that.

SplitMail for iPad - split-style iPad mail app in portrait.

Tab+ - adds more than 9 tabs in Safari, though after 9 the tab counter shows blank instead of 10, 11, etc...

TV Tube Sleep - Tube TV sleep effect when screen times out or is turned off. doesn't show a different effect in landscape, meaning only shows a portrait effect all the time.

WinterBoard - Themes.

Still looking for more! :D

Edit: ** = compatible with iOS 5 beta 2. not all tested, stopped after Lock Calendar.

Last edited:

naman919

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what the widget/app is in the screenshot provided. I would love something like this on my first page of icons. Thanks in advance.

34qvjv7.jpg

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what the widget/app is in the screenshot provided. I would love something like this on my first page of icons. Thanks in advance.
]

Its the winterboard theme BlackHaz3 which has the weather widget as one of the wallpaper options.

naman919

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Its the winterboard theme BlackHaz3 which has the weather widget as one of the wallpaper options.

oh awesome. is there a way to get it without installing a whole theme? any weather widget wallpaper standalones?

I like that theme, but not sure i feel like a whole theme or not. hmm.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

oh awesome. is there a way to get it without installing a whole theme? any weather widget wallpaper standalones?

I like that theme, but not sure i feel like a whole theme or not. hmm.

Try it. The components are separate. You can enable the weather without the rest.

sh0nuff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks OUTL4W, f4780y, and sh0nuff for your inputs. I downloaded a mix of the recommended apps and came away much happier just overnight.

Here's my current list:

Activator - allows you to assign gestures/buttons to any app or action you want.

Backgrounder - enable and manage true forefront multitasking.

ChangeCarrier - Change "iPad" name in upper left corner to whatever you want.

CyDelete - Delete Cydia apps from springboard like normal apps.

FullForce - Force iphone apps to open in fullscreen mode. Formatting off a bit sometimes.

FullScreen for iPad - allows fullscreen and gesture control in Safari.

iFile - File Manager.

Infinidock - Scrollable dock.

Lock Calendar - Calendar entries on your lock screen.

Multifl0w - expose-like or palm pre like multitasking preview.

MultiIconMover - allows you to move more than one icon at a time.

SBSettings - useful toggles for wifi, BT, etc... dropdown from status bar.

Tab+ - adds more than 9 tabs in Safari, though after 9 the tab counter shows blank instead of 10, 11, etc...

TV Tube Sleep - Tube TV sleep effect when screen times out or is turned off.

WinterBoard - Themes.

Still looking for more! :D

-------------------

Try RemoveBG to quit all backgrounded apps

If you find your 'pad getting slow, remove Winterboard. Having been using iPhones for 3+ years, I've given up on using it alltogether due to performance issues

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Has anyone else tried 'masks'? It allows you to change the icons to your liking with many included icon tweaks. It also shows you how to create your own custom mask to be used.

de5c9515.png

pego99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
XBMC just came out for the iPad. No other Cydia app comes even close, so you can probably end this thread. XBMC for the ipad completely transforms how awesome the ipad is instantaneously.

thanks no such app

pego99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
]

how do i install this theme after i download from cydia
if i install this theme how do i get rid of it?

Most reactions

Latest posts