What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cut Digitizer Ribbons During Replacement

NELLY29

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ventured into the world of DIY iPad repair and I think I completely screwed the pooch. While taking off the original, damaged digitizer, I was using a razor blade to cut through the adhesive and cut the ribbons connected to the digitizer. I thought it was no big deal, until I connected the new digitizer and the touch capabilities stopped working. Could it be a defective digitizer or did I really drop the ball? The LCD still turns on and the home and power buttons are functional.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I ventured into the world of DIY iPad repair and I think I completely screwed the pooch. While taking off the original, damaged digitizer, I was using a razor blade to cut through the adhesive and cut the ribbons connected to the digitizer. I thought it was no big deal, until I connected the new digitizer and the touch capabilities stopped working. Could it be a defective digitizer or did I really drop the ball? The LCD still turns on and the home and power buttons are functional.
You're going to have to replace the connector you cut, which is almost certainly responsible for the non responsive touch screen. Have you seen the excellent repair tutorials on the ifixit website? They provide excellent instruction for almost any kind of iPad repair.

Most reactions

Latest posts