What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Customer Organizer

dbalder000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Seems like a simple Application need...

Ex: Lets keep it simple..

I have 3 customers ACME1, ACME2, ACME3I need the ability to create multiple folders (one for each customer and labeled as such). Inside each of these folders I want to be able to add subfolders or files.. The files could be MS office files (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), PDFs, typed notes and hand written notes, etc. It would be great to be able to add DROPBOX interface.. It would be great to add Follow-up alerts as well..

Options?

Kricke

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Hi,

have a look at Goodreader. You can create folders and subfolders and sub sub sub folders. It connects to dropbox and other WebDAV and FTP servers.

As far as alerts are concerned - no idea. Maybe the iOS internal reminders will do the job?

Hope this helps.

Knut

OP
D

dbalder000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Knut,

Unfortunately GoodReader did not do everything I need... You can create folders and folders within folders however the files data (like .DOCX or .XLSX) within the folders are not editable (within GoodReader). Nor does it support hand written notes...

I.m just looking for an App ( if one exists) that can edit files that it can store... Do you know about a good "Hand Written notes" App? If I confide myself to .txt, .DOCx, .XLSX, and hand written files I can probably transfer the files back and forth using DropBox..

Any other ideas ??

Kricke

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Sorry, that goodreader is not yet a perfect fit for you. But I think you can view all your files. (excel, Word and PPT)
That's what I thought you wanted.

To edit MS Office files there are some nice little apps:
DocsToGo
QuickOffice HD
And the Apple iWorks suite (numbers, keynote, pages)

I tested all the above mentioned. And it is the Apple apps that I mainly use. For me - and what I accomplish to do - they offer what I need. Whereas I found the other two apps quite capable but ...
Many other members here might prefer QuickOffice HD or DTG. Both have the ability to open and edit word, excel and PowerPoint files, to a certain extend.

Before you buy I would go to YouTube and have a look at some reviews of the apps.

Handwriting notes app:
You might want to have a look at penultimate, notes shelf, noterize or other notes apps. There are plenty of them in the store.

If you have handwritten notes from out of the iPad as a pdf file, then of course goodreader will open it. And goodreader will allow you to annotate those files.

Hope this helps.

Knut

anaranjador

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Your solution will be PDFExpert.
You can do all that you are asking for. Filing. Linking. Write into files opened in the app.
This app can handle simple documents and extremely large documents.
So far one of the best apps!!

Most reactions

Latest posts