What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cursor Keys

Dushtin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there any kind of app/tweak/mod thzt would allow me to have arrow keys on my ipad keyboard? I hate not being able to move the cursor in between two letters in a misspelled word. Instead the cursor goes to the beginning, the end, or at some random spot in the middle of the word.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are two possible solutions to this problem.

First of all, though, it's not possible to modify the on-screen keyboard and have cursor keys. However, if you press *and hold* the screen at approximately the location you want the cursor to go an on-screen pop-up magnifying glass will appear that will enable you to position the cursor much more easily and on a letter-by-letter basis. It's also helpful in letting you select words too because, having positioned the cursor in a word, you get some pop-up text that will enable you to select just that word or the entire page - or you can drag the 'pins' at either end of the selected text to increase or decrease the selection.

If you really want cursor keys then one option is to use an external keyboard - such as Apple's keyboard dock or Bluetooth keyboard, both of which have cursor keys on them.

Tim

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hold your finger down on the general area, and it will show an enlarged image that is easier to manipulate.

DM51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iA Writer app is a good one. You get cursor keys and other useful features. You can compose text there, then copy and paste it where you want.

Most reactions

Latest posts