What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

keys for delete-forward, move cursor, copy, paste

kaan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a way to simulate the delete-forward key on the ipad keyboard? Same question for moving cursor forwards, backwards, to the beginning of the line, to the end of the line, for copying (ctrl-C), for pasting (ctrl-P), for undoing (ctrl-Z). Thanks.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, no, not using the iPad's software keyboard.

However, many (if not all) external Bluetooth/wireless keyboards have those functions. I know specifically that the Apple keyboard and the Zaggmate can do this. Well, from personal experience, I know the Zaggmate does, but I've read enough comments to be pretty confident about the Apple one, also...

Marilyn

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
TheRambler said:
Yeah must admit that not having a cursor key is a real bind!! Sometimes I have to delete entire words rather than just replacing one letter!!

Isn't tap & hold, select, cut quicker than using cursor keys.......unless the word is less than three letters?

The Archangel

TheRambler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
theramblersramblings.blogspot.co.uk
TheRambler said:
Yeah must admit that not having a cursor key is a real bind!! Sometimes I have to delete entire words rather than just replacing one letter!!

Isn't tap & hold, select, cut quicker than using cursor keys.......unless the word is less than three letters?

The Archangel

Not with my big fat sausage fingers ha ha

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
TheRambler said:

The Archangel

Not with my big fat sausage fingers ha ha

If you tap and hold on a word for a second or so, a magnifying glass appears. You can drag your finger to accurately place the cursor. In some cases (with small fonts) I've found rocking the finger slightly to the left or right is enough to get the cursor where I want it, even with my fat fingers. ;)

The popup menu also appears when you do this. If you don't want any of it's options, just start typing. It will go away.

Most reactions

Latest posts