What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crackle Sony App

AppleNut

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just downloaded this free App. So far I'm impressed. Sitting at my desk watching Seinfield. Picture quality is also great.

MadDragon1846

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I watched an episode of Dilbert last night, there wasn't any advert interruptions. I guess there might be when watching something long like a film though.

The screen did turn blank at one point, while the sound carried on. I paused it for awhile and the picture came back. And I had to pause it for a bit near the end for it to load a bit more of the episode. But I put those things down to my rubbishly slow broadband. :(

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

OP
A

AppleNut

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been watching all the Seinfield episodes this morning but havent experienced any of the above. Mine has been flawless with picture thus far!

luckyleo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just downloaded it and really liked it. Watched Seinfeld. It stared with a 16 second add. Then we saw Jerry doing his stand up intro that was part of all the early episodes. Then the same 16 second commercial. This was followed by the entire first half of the episode followed by the same 16 second commercial. This was followed by the entire remainder of the episode.

Not too bad at all.....

Sent from my iPad using iPF

lonzom10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I downloaded this last night too. So far very pleased. I watched an episode of NewRadio with no issues. There was an add at the beginning and one during the first "commercial" break. Really liking it so far.

gquiring

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I watched an episode of Al Bundy. Three ads, one in the beginning, middle and end. The were very short - 16 seconds each except the first one.

The Alternative

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
thealternativeone.blogspot.com
I downloaded and then viewed content for about an hour and a half this evening. It's okay but still suffers from the same significant problem that most of these apps have in common (i.e. Netflix). Old, older, and very old content. Seinfeld, Charlie's Angels, etc. are prime examples and when you do run across something more recent it's only 3 minute snipets and not entire programs. The movie section does a little better with more current movies (some even as new as three years ago). In my opinion the app gets a B- due to content. I certainly will revisit the app in the weeks to come to see if more current content has been added. In the mean time I'll await HBO GO for my iPad in May.

MotoDC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Location service hog?

Has anyone else noticed that Crackle seems to always use gps even when it's not running?

I noticed this evening that the little arrow next to the battery indicator was on, showing an app was using location services.

After narrowing it down, shutting off Crackle's access to location services will finally shut the arrow off. Seems odd that it runs even when Crackle is not...

Any ideas?!?

iCrank

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MotoDC said:
Has anyone else noticed that Crackle seems to always use gps even when it's not running?

I noticed this evening that the little arrow next to the battery indicator was on, showing an app was using location services.

After narrowing it down, shutting off Crackle's access to location services will finally shut the arrow off. Seems odd that it runs even when Crackle is not...

Any ideas?!?

Turn the location services off

Sjwred

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I downloaded and then viewed content for about an hour and a half this evening. It's okay but still suffers from the same significant problem that most of these apps have in common (i.e. Netflix). Old, older, and very old content. Seinfeld, Charlie's Angels, etc. are prime examples and when you do run across something more recent it's only 3 minute snipets and not entire programs. The movie section does a little better with more current movies (some even as new as three years ago). In my opinion the app gets a B- due to content. I certainly will revisit the app in the weeks to come to see if more current content has been added. In the mean time I'll await HBO GO for my iPad in May.
totally agree with what u wrote,i downloaded this a while ago. no change

Reaction score
MotoDC said:

Any ideas?!?

Have you downloaded the Crackle update. This location always on bug is supposed to have been fixed.

Sjwred

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HBO GO for iPad is out, but if u don't already have a subscription then the app is useless .

Most reactions

Latest posts