What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Operational video app in spain???

Ipad24meandu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I am hoping someone would know about specific apps or possibly even websites that i could download/ visit to view movies. It seems like all of the most popular video watching apps (Netflix,crackle, snag films, etc..) will NOT work outside of the united states due to legal agreements concerning the content. I will be traveling to Spain and would love to have the option of watching some of my tv shows or movies.

Does anyone know of apps that would stream content typically found on Netflix, crackle, or any other popular app that would definitely work in europe?

Thanks for your time with this..

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Of course, it's always possible to download the movies before you leave for your travels...but another solution is to use a VPN server based, say, in the US. There are several companies offering VPN services where you can have a 'virtual' identity in another country, say the US. You'll find several threads in this Forum that discuss the relative merits of the companies concerned.

Tim

OP
Ipad24meandu

Ipad24meandu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Tim,
Yea.. I thought about downloading some movies and other viewing material on the iPad before the trip. If not, I think the VPN route is definitely the way to go. I was perusing some of the apps and they all seem to offer a free download capacity trial before the actual purchase of more memory. Hopefully this alternative works as well.

Thanks again for your help

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions