What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

cookies

pizzasalad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have everything checked for enabling cookies and my wi-fi printer will only let me print emails.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Pizza.. - welcome to the forum! :)

You need to provide some more information, e.g. is your printer AirPrint compatible or do you have an app on your computer that permits you to print from your iPad? Second, what does 'enabling cookies' have to do w/ your printing? Just think that we need a better explanation of your problems & needs - hope to help (or others on the forum) - :thumbs:

OP
P

pizzasalad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do not have air print. I do have an app and I can print Gmail, but when I try to print from the browser that the functionality of the cookies is off. While on os.5 I could check on cookies. on os.6 there is nothing about cookies. I also noted that my YouTube has disappeared ones.6. Appreciate any help.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I do not have air print. I do have an app and I can print Gmail, but when I try to print from the browser that the functionality of the cookies is off.................

Hi again Pizzasalad - let's try to address the issue above - first, what 'app' do you have that allows you to print Gmail? Is this a specific app for Gmail or one that allows you presumably to print from other apps? Does this app reside on your iPad or your computer; also provide information on the printer being used (e.g. brand, model, wired or wireless?).

For myself, I use a program called FingerPrint which resides on my DT computer w/ 2 different printers (non-AirPrint) attached - nothing is needed on the iPad; if the computer is on & both it & the iPad on the same Wi-Fi network, then printing from ANY app (assuming that is an option) can be done and the printer of choice selected. Now this is not free and other programs can be use - so, just a start - hope to hear from you again - :)

OP
P

pizzasalad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good morning. I have HPrint app. I have an HP Officejet 4500G51on-Z printer that is a Wi-Fi printer and used by my big computer and others in the house. I can print from Gmail account just fine, but when I try to print from the web it says your browsers cookie functionality is turned off. Please turn it on. I tried unsuccessfully in os.5 and upgraded to os.6 and cookies are not listed under general info in settings. Also since I Upgraded my You tube has disappeared. Thanks for helping.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Pizzasalad - let's address each of your issues and hopefully solve one or both of your issues - :)

.......Also since I Upgraded my You tube has disappeared. Thanks for helping.

When Apple updated their iOS to v.6, the YouTube app was eliminated, hence the reason it is not present - please check THIS LINK, which will elaborate on the issue and hopefully show you 'how to' download the app to your device.

Good morning. I have HPrint app. I have an HP Officejet 4500G51on-Z printer that is a Wi-Fi printer and used by my big computer and others in the house. I can print from Gmail account just fine, but when I try to print from the web it says your browsers cookie functionality is turned off. Please turn it on. I tried unsuccessfully in os.5 and upgraded to os.6 and cookies are not listed under general info in settings.......

Unfortunately, I have not used the HP app which should mimic Apple's AirPrint and I would presume should work w/ multiple apps on your iPad. I would first 'power recycle' the printer, modem, and router, i.e. pull the power and then re-power each (modem first, then router, and finally printer) - check you HP app function @ that point. If all is well, you are set to go!

If not, you might want to DL FingerPrint to your computer (believe there is a 'free' trial) and determine if you can now print from multiple apps; of course, the other option if no one responds here about the HP app is to contact HP at their website - they should have a FAQ and possibly a user's blog or forum. Let's stop there and see if any of these suggestions works for you; if not, please post back. Dave

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Good morning. I have HPrint app. I have an HP Officejet 4500G51on-Z printer that is a Wi-Fi printer and used by my big computer and others in the house. I can print from Gmail account just fine, but when I try to print from the web it says your browsers cookie functionality is turned off. Please turn it on. I tried unsuccessfully in os.5 and upgraded to os.6 and cookies are not listed under general info in settings. Also since I Upgraded my You tube has disappeared. Thanks for helping.

Your cookie settings can be found under Settings>Safari>Accept Cookies. YouTube is no longer a native iOS app with iOS 6. Look in the AppStore for the free YouTube app. Look under iphone apps.

Most reactions

Latest posts