What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Contacts list

eddemac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a way to delete duplicate entries in contacts list?
Other than one at a time?

Fid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
First off, welcome to these iPad forums. Good to have you here.

Click on the entry you want to remove and select the edit button from their information page. At the bottom of the edit screen there is a delete contact button.

OP
E

eddemac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for that, I knew about that one. Problem is I have downloaded 4 names for each contact and I have a thousand contacts. I need to de duplicate the entire list.

Fid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The only other way that I know of is to sync the list to your computer. Edit the list on the computer and then sync it from the computer.

I find that the contact list syncing can be troublesome. Sometimes you lose everything because it syncs your iPad contact list from the computer at the beginning and the computer has a blank contact list. >poof< For a while I had my settings backward and would edit contacts on my iPad. When I synced to the computer the contacts got changed back to what they had been. I had to read up on it and get the settings in iTunes correct.

OP
E

eddemac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for that, yea I lost everything the last time I tried to use my computer, looks like I have google, Microsoft, phone and mobile life contacts all 4 and they are all loading each time I sync. iTunes says to choose the one I want and I do. But they all load. Again thanks

Fid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
eddemac said:
Thank you for that, yea I lost everything the last time I tried to use my computer, looks like I have google, Microsoft, phone and mobile life contacts all 4 and they are all loading each time I sync. iTunes says to choose the one I want and I do. But they all load. Again thanks

Hi eddemac,
Sorry for the late reply. I've had the flu and concentrating is not happening right now. Do you also have your contacts synced to the iCloud? I believe you can check to see that in settings. Click on settings and then iCloud from the main screen. It will show all of your settings for the iCloud on the right-hand side. Perhaps iCloud has all of the contact choices backed up in there.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Perhaps this can also help you:
I have ab app called "Smart merge duplicate contacts" from the App Store. With it you can backup your contacts, and it detects contacts you stored more than once. It also works with Facebook, if you're a member.

Most reactions

Latest posts