What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Connecting to two computers

Mikeb41g

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will start by saying I love my iPad and think this Forum is great.

Can I sync the iPad to two computers? Since I have downloaded Docs to go ( which I have used before) I would like to sync to my office PC as well as my desktop. Anybody know if I can do this.

Thanks for your help

Mike

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
just a suggestion....

Rather than the hassle of syncing on two computers.... d2g uses cloud computing, and I find it much better. I got a Dropbox account (the free 2gig one) and my iPad, iPhone, desktop and netbook are kept in sync. It is really pretty easy to set up, and the free 2gig Dropbox account holds a lot of Word and Excel files.....

To do it you would install the Dropbox app on your iPad, and then install Dropbox on each computer you want to be in sync. Dropbox has a folder then on your computer that you would put in the docs and such you want synced. When you change a doc on one device, it is then changed on all the devices......

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use the apps that iTunes dragging and dropping both at home and at work, yes. I guess that is what you men instead of the traditional iTunes sync.

LeeB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use Me, but I can sync Email, calendar and contacts at work on iTunes, then sync the same plus iTunes stuff at home.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You are authorized to sync your devices to five authorized computers under the same account, to answer the original question. So you could have your device sync to the same iTunes account on your personal laptop, work laptop, personal computer, work computer, and wife's computer, for example.

OP
M

Mikeb41g

iPF Noob
Reaction score
just a suggestion....

Rather than the hassle of syncing on two computers.... d2g uses cloud computing, and I find it much better. I got a Dropbox account (the free 2gig one) and my iPad, iPhone, desktop and netbook are kept in sync. It is really pretty easy to set up, and the free 2gig Dropbox account holds a lot of Word and Excel files.....

To do it you would install the Dropbox app on your iPad, and then install Dropbox on each computer you want to be in sync. Dropbox has a folder then on your computer that you would put in the docs and such you want synced. When you change a doc on one device, it is then changed on all the devices......

Thank you. I tried to download drop box onto Ipad and got message that "safari cannot download this file"

Now what

OP
M

Mikeb41g

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I believe you want to get the dropbox app from the app store!

Thank you for this great info on a relatively unknown product. I loaded it at office and o Ipad and it is great.

As I said at the beginning of this thread, this forum is great

Most reactions

Latest posts