What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transferring "syncing relationship" from one computer to another.

chowdown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi all.

I've been a heavy user of iPads (for work) since 2010 and will be buying my third iPad some time in the next few weeks.

I've used the same desktop computer for syncing my ipad for the last five years. It's getting a bit old and I have a new desktop computer ready to sync with my new iPad when it arrives.

My questions: Should I try to sync my current iPad to the new computer before I get the new iPad? If so, how do I do that? I was always under the impression that an iPad can only have a "syncing relationship" with one computer. Have I got that right?

Thanks for any info you could give.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's possible to move your iTunes library to the new computer, so that you can sync the new iPad to it when it arrives, and find all your content synced to it afterwards.

See Apple's instructions:
How to move your iTunes library to a new computer - Apple Support

That way, it's possible to sync your old and new iPad to the new computer without problems.

Hope that helps.

Most reactions

Latest posts