What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Two different iPads, one computer

Juan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Guys, we have 2 ipads linked to 1 computer but it does not work well. It takes the apps from one another but they don t work. just a flash of it. it also copies the movies. a bit annoying. anyone a solution? thanks

Reaction score
What I did was create another Windows user for my iPad syncing and left my wife's ipad and kids ipods on the main user.

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from wherever I'm at right now via my Apple tablet

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Or you could just make another iTunes library. Double click iTunes and hold down the shift key. Create a new library, and set iTunes the way you want. (you apps, your music) Then just choose which library you want depending on the iPad you are syncing.

autumnbaby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would just set up the iPads to manually manage apps and movies. This way you just move the ones you want onto your device and it doesn't automatically sync the apps you don't want.

I had to do this when I bought my iphone last week and my iPad started to sync all the iPhone apps.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have seven iDevices synched to the same computer, on the same iTunes account. I can share content among them, but iTunes recognizes all as individual devices and synchs only the content I've chosen. The devices: a touch, two iPhones and four iPads.

rsromasoma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Basically you have to do 2 versions, as they are different Operating Systems one won't work for both.

MaxJameson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Or you could just make another iTunes library. Double click iTunes and hold down the shift key. Create a new library, and set iTunes the way you want. (you apps, your music) Then just choose which library you want depending on the iPad you are syncing.

We did this too.
It's not that complicated.
Did it for the iPods too so that we didn't have to worry about what the kids were listening to.

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
Still think it's easier to setup separate playlists and sync settings from the same library than separate libraries. No problem with syncing to the wrong library then.

Most reactions

Latest posts