What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Connecting to the internet via wi-fi

Midinut

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Firstly apologies if I am posting in the wrong category but I could not find answers to my problem!

I am trying to connect to the internet with my iPad2 wi-fi. I have DSL access and have more than one account which means when I connect to to Internet with my PC I can select via the dial-up/VPN dialogue box in the Win7 "Network & Sharing Center" which account I want to connect to. That means my router is not permanently connected to the Internet and to connect i have to enter the relevant Username and Password.

Is there a way that i can do something similar in the iPad?

Appreciate your time.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Does your router have a web interface that you can access with an IP address? If so, and the connection can be initiated from there, you might be able to use Safari to log into the router and initiate the connection. Whether it will stay connected when you shut of Safari? No idea.

That's the only thing I can think of.

Well, besides using a remote desktop app to log into your computer and start the connection there.

Most reactions