What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Connecting ipad to TV via USB

Waterbabies

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is probably a daft question, but my TV has a USB port on it, through which I gather I can record programmes to a flash drive. But if I connect the ipad, via its USB connection, would it record programmes to the ipad, and if so, where would they be found to view?

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is probably a daft question, but my TV has a USB port on it, through which I gather I can record programmes to a flash drive. But if I connect the ipad, via its USB connection, would it record programmes to the ipad, and if so, where would they be found to view?
A nice thought, but no, that's not possible.

Also, the USB port on your TV is one-way (input only), allowing you to attach a USB flash drive so that you can view photos that you've saved on it, that sort of thing. You can't "record" anything that's showing on your TV with it. That would require a DVR like TiVo being connected to your TV antenna or directly to your incoming cable signal.

Probably not the answer you wanted to hear, but hope it helps!

Most reactions

Latest posts