What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Connect Ipad to network drive, the best app?

Tim_Spr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dear Ipad users,

At home I have a G-technology hard drive connected to my airport extreme. I use this disk as a backup drive and for extra storage.
Since I recieved my Ipad, I want to connect it to the network drive.

Does anyone have experience on connecting the Ipad to such a drive? (Filebrowser, airsharing, etc)
In a few threads back i read that filebrowser has difficulties to connect to a macbook, but does this also counts for a network drive?

Does anyone have experience on which app works the best?

Regards Tim

Last edited:

Henning334

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know any way to do this except going through a computer using a program like gotomypc or any other desktop controll app... I however have a pogoplug, and any HDD you connect to it can be accessed through a pogoplug app from anywhere in the world where you have internett! It can also convert movies to play in the pogoplug app or on the pogoplug site in any browser! I'm very pleased with mine, and i also use it to stream movies to my xbox and ps3 since it sets up a media center if you want to! It also has a lot of other functions :)

I might seem like a promoter of some sort, but i just want to give a great tip :)

I hope you find a solution to your problem

Most reactions

Latest posts