What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saving Files Back to a Network Drive

ryanlmoody

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was recently able to connect to our network drives at work using FileBrowser. From FileBrowser I can pull up a document in QuickOffice but if I change the file I have no way to save it back to the network drive. Has anyone found an app where you can pull a file from a network drive and then save it back to that drive in the same location?

OP
R

ryanlmoody

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Goodreader Question

With Goodreader can you pull up any document type or only pdf files?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any document type - there's no restriction. Though, of course, you'll need a compatible app to be able to open it.

Tim

villajay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
any new development on this? i've been able to do this but i had to save from quickoffice to dropbox first, then open the dropbox app, and send it to filebrowser.

ImeldaWu83

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How to save the edited documents to SFTP server after I edited the docs in goodreader? can i manage with folder and rename in this SFTP server?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm not sure what you are asking. You should be able to download and upload files to the SFTP server. Anything else you want to do you would have to do in GoodReader itself.

ImeldaWu83

iPF Noob
Reaction score
my boss using ipad for his work, he open and saved all his files in his ipad. he view his files with goodreader and numbers. there was once i sync with his pc to updated his photo, but unfortunately the apps was not sync and all gone. i only can restore back his apps. but not with his files :((
so to prevent that happened again, i wanna know whether ipad can saved all the files which we view and edit from goodreader , number , keynote , pages.

so next question how i can upload the edited files back to SFTP server? is it automatically?

thanks.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No. You have to select and upload the files manually; though you can select and upload multiple files and even folders.

The best way to figure out what you can do is go to GoodReader's online manual, and play around with the app while reading through it. Every-time I play with GoodReader like this I find something else I didn't know it could do.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No. You have to select and upload the files manually; though you can select and upload multiple files and even folders.

The best way to figure out what you can do is go to GoodReader's online manual, and play around with the app while reading through it. Every-time I play with GoodReader like this I find something else I didn't know it could do.

I find Box.net a much better solution for the iWorks apps, or iSMEStorage combined with DropBox (though that has a few quirks that need to be ironed out).

Most reactions

Latest posts