What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confused about CCK

Mattmilw

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have a JB 16 Gg iPad2. I regret not buying larger. I wasn't interested in loading it with music (that's what my Touch is for), so i thought 16 would suffice for video and pictures. It really doesn't.

Now that the CCK is working, I'm wondering if this an option for me. I've done some searching, and it doesn't appear that you can easily play ripped/downloaded movies straight from a media card or jump drive. Is this correct?

Would it be a case of transferring video off the iPad to the media card to clear space, and moving a new movie onto the iPad?

Thanks.

sati747

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I most likely am not the best person to answer your question -- but let me take a crack on it so you don't feel ignored. Some heavy weights will certainly follow. :)

If will also need

1. A file sys app, i.e. iFile or Goodreader (Don't know much about the latter)

2. a video player that can play more than just mp4 (or.mov)

When you plug in your CCK w/ SD card, it will show up on iFile as a drive automatically. You can browse through the content. When you click on the media file, iFile will give you option which app (compatible/capable) you want to use to play the media. Hope this helps.

iRaptor25

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As I learned today, it does have to copy to the iPad. You select to open in a player like avplayer hd and it copies it into avplayers import folder. You can then delete it from within avplayer (or whatever) when you want to clear the space.

For my 16 gb with the ton of space I use on apps it makes HD videos impractical since i dont want to save that much space, but its not all that bad for SD video.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, the file does get save into the specific app's "sandbox." The nicest part, however, is that you can use iFile to delete that file right after you've finished with it (e.g. delete a movie after watching it).

You can easily make book marks for each app's document file, so it becomes a simple swipe to delete the file. It'll still be on the card ... you've just taken it out of the iPad.

As long as you have enough space to transfer that one file, you're good to go. Oh, and as long as you remember to delete that used file. Else, you'd fill up the iPad right quick!

The combo of the CCK and jail break is one of the slickest things...

Marilyn

OP
M

Mattmilw

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks all for clarifying this for me. I appreciate the info.

Most reactions

Latest posts