What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confused about authorizing ipad on itunes...

groundzero

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all,
I was using my PC as one of my connections for my ipad which authorized that computer. I then plugged it into my laptop and now it says I have authorized 5 of 5 computers. WTH is wrong here? Should I un-authorize all? and do a restore? What can I do to have it only authorized on my laptop?

Thanks!

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did you buy your iPad brand new or did you buy it used? If it was used, it could still have information on it from the previous owner. It sounds like a Restore is in your future.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well now you know that you can only sync to one library (which means one computer), right?

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, it's not the iPad that's the problem it's the number of computers you've registered your itunes account with. Like I have songs purchased from one account and songs purchased from another account on one computer so that iTunes is activated with both accounts. Now I open my second computer and activated one of those accounts, I now have two of my five...etc. Pc dies, I get new one, activate that account and we're up to 3.

Simply deactivate all then one by one redo each computer as you need it.

johndeflumeri

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have two iTunes accounts. My iPad was noted as "connected" to one of these accounts. I know that IPad can only connected to one account. I want to change it to the other account. I have disconnected it from the first. How do I link it to the other?

uimalis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you have logged out it should prompt you to log in if you purchase a free app for example. Then just type in the account you want to use. But im sure you can log in from settings.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts