What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Computer Authorizations

glen4cindy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This isn't so much an "iPad" question as it is an iTunes question.

I see from iTunes that I have 4 computers authorized. I happen to KNOW that at least ONE of those of my laptop BEFORE I upgraded the hard drive and reinstalled Windows on it. Doing a DEAUTHROIZE is one of those things I forgot.

I have searched Google and found a couple of different places where you can supposedly "manage" your authorized computers. Other searches say differently, that you can only deauthroize ALL something like 1 time every 12 months.

I suppose I could do this but, if there were a way to manage it would be easier. Also, I found there is a device limit? I now have 3 iPads, but, one is being given to my son who will have his own account with his new iPhone.

I have 2 others, along with 2 iPods, and Apple TV, iMac, and a new iPhone. I didn't want my wife to have to deal with all of mine an my daughters apps, so I put her new iPhone on a separate account too.

We all have never had iPhones before.

So, is there any way to "manage" authorized computers, or do I just have to "clean house" once in awhile?

Thanks in advance.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You [now] can de-authorize computers at any time. You can (1) de-authorize one computer at a time (but only if you have access to the computer ... as you do the de-authorizing on the computer itself).

Or, you can (2) de-authorize all computers at once. Again, this is not a once a year thing.

See this Apple web site for more details and instructions: https://www.apple.com/support/itunes/authorization/

I don't believe there is a limit on the number of devices linked to your iTunes/on your AppleID. Or, at least I've never found a limit....

Hope this helps.

Marilyn

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Apparently you can have a maximum of 10 devices associated with a single Apple ID. A maximum of 5 of those devices can be computers.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4627

If you try to associate too many devices with one Apple ID, you'll see this pop up when trying to associate the extra device.
image.jpg

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts