What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Configure multiprocessing apps

larla

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Feature request: When you Slide Over you are presented with a column of apps you can open. This list is already pretty long and will grow as more apps add multiprocessor support. We will quickly need a way to configure a subset of the apps that we want to see when we Slide Over.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Feature request: When you Slide Over you are presented with a column of apps you can open. This list is already pretty long and will grow as more apps add multiprocessor support. We will quickly need a way to configure a subset of the apps that we want to see when we Slide Over.
The list is 24 apps long on my iPad. The exact length depends on how many of the third party apps that support Slide Over and Split Screen are installed on your iPad. Any provision to manage this list will have to wait for a future iOS update, if Apple decides to do so.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The good news is that your more frequently used apps migrate to the top (bottom?) of the list. So you should only have to do a lot os scrolling when you need that almost never used app, or are trying an app for the first time. At least once you get in the swing of things. It's definitely a scrolling game for the first few days, as you try out all the new possibilities.

I expect there will be a management feature eventually. I'd like it to come soon, but it's possible it won't come before the next major update.

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'd just like the editing feature to get rid of the stuff that I NEVER use. (Like 'Game Center').. It's annoying seeing those icons there.

Most reactions