What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Slide over app does not close

EZFL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I first used slide over on my iPad Air there was a list of the available apps. Since then when I open an app, even though I close it in slide over, it is open again when I go back to slide over. I would be prefer that the list of apps be available rather than the last app I used. Is this the normal behavior?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
When I first used slide over on my iPad Air there was a list of the available apps. Since then when I open an app, even though I close it in slide over, it is open again when I go back to slide over. I would be prefer that the list of apps be available rather than the last app I used. Is this the normal behavior?
That's the way it normally works. To get to the list of available apps, swipe down from the top of the slide over screen.

M

moparherb

What determines what apps appear in the slide over. I would like a couple of my other apps to be in that list. I think it is a wonderful feature so I'm not complaining.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What determines what apps appear in the slide over. I would like a couple of my other apps to be in that list. I think it is a wonderful feature so I'm not complaining.
The app developers have to create or update an app to work with slide over. So far the list of third party apps that will work with slide over and split screen is quite small but will undoubtedly grow.

Most reactions