What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Composing email while offline?

Smudge

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a Ipad 2 wifi only. Is it possible to compose email without a wifi connection and send it once I am back online? I am using the default email client included with Ipad 2. Thanks

autumnbaby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After typing up the email, rather than pressing "send" press "cancel.". This will bring up a menu with the option to "save as draft.". Once you are around wifi again go into your saved drafts and send them out.

The only annoying thing about this is, when you open the mail program it brings up a message 5 or 6 times saying it can't connect.

Plainsman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do this slightly more round-robin. I compose in a text program, like Simplenotes or even Pages. Then when I have a connection I copy/paste, address the email, and send it off. Maybe a bit more cumbersome but not too much and I like working within text programs.

OP
S

Smudge

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will give it a try....thanks. I would have thought that there would be an easier or more practical way of doing this.

Most reactions