What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complaints on ios6

Basile881

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I share with you, understand the same pain. I am one of the victims too! Downgrade won't work. I tell everyone not to upgrade!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Basile881 said:
I share with you, understand the same pain. I am one of the victims too! Downgrade won't work. I tell everyone not to upgrade!

It's unfortunate that you had some bad experiences in upgrading to iOS 6. Your experiences are, however, not universal are are experienced only by a minority of users. If you would tell us exactly what your problems are the members here may be able to help you.
To warn others away from upgrading merely because you had problems is not fair to iOS 6 or to those people you are warning.

gjkweb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm a newish user and upgraded to IOS6 but can no longer get the wifi access to my company's FR33DAY service I had with IOS5. I can connect, Safari open the login page, but after pushing on the login button nothing happens - any ideas?

Jamanic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After iOS six update, email crashers after I try to open an email from the banner notification. Before update, this did not happen.

Davejm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
annoyed that there was no up front message regarding the loss of google maps if iPad is upgraded. if there had been I for one would not have upgraded. I used google maps and street view a great deal and the new maps is just a glorified GPS and route finder, none of which I need on my iPad. it is useless to me now, so won't be getting used.
The old apps store layout was far superior to the new, so I'm going to be using that less, saved myself a few quid there, and lost apple a few.
my closing gripe is a petty one, aren't they all? I enjoy playing hearts HD when idle or waiting around, sines os6 it does not allow the player to return to the menu page or create a new game! What's all that about? I have deleted and re installed it several times and even tried the non HD version with the same results, can anyone shed any light on why this is happening? Is it software incompatibility between os6 and the game? If so shouldn't is have been noticed during testing prior to rolling out the new os?
it's so annoying when a so called upgrade actually leaves you worse off, especially with no rollback option to revert to os5.11 or whatever number it was.

ChrisP

iPF Noob
Reaction score
??? The new Apple-native map software was one of the most talked about and publicized changes to IOS6?

As far as apps go, developers have been (and still are) updating their apps for full iOS 6 and iPhone 5 compatibility.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
ChrisP said:
??? The new Apple-native map software was one of the most talked about and publicized changes to IOS6?

As far as apps go, developers have been (and still are) updating their apps for full iOS 6 and iPhone 5 compatibility.

You will also see upgrades to Apple maps to address the problems that have been reported.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Interestingly enough, one of the big advantages that Google maps was the high number of iPhone users who contributed to updates for them. So without the iPhones, they may not get the full benefits of updating. Google maps had to go, whether people liked it or not. To promote migration to Android, Google was keeping upgrades to the mapping from Apple. Apple was forced to do something.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
TechCrunch, citing a former Google Maps contractor, reported that the Cupertino tech giant is "aggressively recruiting" former Google staffers to help build out its iOS 6 mapping app, which has come under fire for being riddled errors and omissions. Apple is reportedly going after former contract workers who helped to develop Google Maps.
Some good news for the unhappy maps users.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Seadog said:
Some good news for the unhappy maps users.

I guess it's just a matter of wait and see in regards to the issue of Apple maps problems. I can't see Apple waiting too long, though.

NGC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So Apple spoke out today in support of ios6.

(Customers around the world are upgrading to iOS 6 with over 200 new features including Apple Maps, our first map service. We are excited to offer this service with innovative new features like Flyover, turn by turn navigation, and Siri integration. We launched this new map service knowing it is a major initiative and that we are just getting started with it. Maps is a cloud-based solution and the more people use it, the better it will get. We appreciate all of the customer feedback and are working hard to make the customer experience even better.)

The Apple Spin has started and sadly Apple believes they did nothing wrong. The Fanboys have been told to post on all the positives that this downgrade to ios6 brings us.
Does Apple really believe we will forget this downgrade disaster they have forced upon us?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
NGC said:
So Apple spoke out today in support of ios6.

(Customers around the world are upgrading to iOS 6 with over 200 new features including Apple Maps, our first map service. We are excited to offer this service with innovative new features like Flyover, turn by turn navigation, and Siri integration. We launched this new map service knowing it is a major initiative and that we are just getting started with it. Maps is a cloud-based solution and the more people use it, the better it will get. We appreciate all of the customer feedback and are working hard to make the customer experience even better.)

The Apple Spin has started and sadly Apple believes they did nothing wrong. The Fanboys have been told to post on all the positives that this downgrade to ios6 brings us.
Does Apple really believe we will forget this downgrade disaster they have forced upon us?

It's not a case of Apple doing anything wrong. Google maps was fine, while Google were not in the business of smartphone operating systems. Android changed the rules, and Apple were forced to use a competitor's product, a product that was becoming two-tiered as has already been noted in this thread. Personally, I wouldn't blame Google for that, either. I certainly wouldn't give Apple the latest and greatest if I was trying to market it myself at the same time. I also don't blame Google for getting involved in smartphones, even if the higher-ups at Apple believed that they had a promise that Google would not. If there's money to be made, who are Apple to decide who is allowed to make it?

Whether anyone likes it or not, Apple had to move, sooner or later. Me? I don't like it. I haven't updated my OS, mainly because I'm used to the Google Maps app, whether it's better or worse than alternatives. It is to be hoped that Apple Maps will become better over time, hopefully not too much time, because one day, I'll have an iPhone 5 and will have no choice of operating systems.

Apple dropped the ball on this one, to be sure. Touting the first iteration of a new product as though it is complete was foolhardy, and speaks of a certain amount of arrogance, but at the end of the day, Maps is only a small part of a very good hardware/software marriage, which is the main advantage Apple has over all of its competitors. Perhaps some sort of statement that this is not going to be perfect, but it's the best we can manage right now would have been more honest, even if the marketing people didn't like it. Perhaps I'm delusional, but I've always seen Apple as the computer company that you can trust.

I have been plagued by problems with iTunes. 10.7 seems to have done SOMETHING about the amount of crashes I was experiencing. Since installing the latest version, I haven't had a single crash, so thanks for that, Apple. Not before time. Ignoring the crashes, which are hopefully a thing of the past, the whole experience; iTunes, iOS and the iPhone/iPad hardware leaves me very satisfied with my choice of Apple as my supplier.

seebush

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What a total shambles this update to IOS 6 is. I have joined this forum just to let Apple know what I think. I can't update, presumably because the servers are too busy (I don't even know if that's true). There is no advice from Apple as to when the update will be available. Many people seem to be very unhappy with this IOS 6. Is this really the best Apple can do? If it is then, goodbye Apple.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, unfortunately we are nothing to do with Apple. We are an independent user group who use Apple equipment. Best to use this forum to seek out answers to your problems. Maybe people at Apple read this forum, but who really knows?

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts