What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complaints on ios6

Debrob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi There Everyone, as some of you may know from my previous threads I'm not the most IPad savvy person in the world. In fact it was my husband who installed the new IOS 6 upgrade when my back was turned. Just as I was getting the hang of the device and the APPs too! What I mean is that, like many other contributors to this thread, I do use Maps and YouTube and of course Safari, which were great until now. Now nothing works! My internet connection, both WI-Fi and with my mobile provider were great until a couple of days ago. What a coincidence! The deal with Google may be up and that may be "just business" as one person points out but this shouldn't become the customers' problem. Instead of being in such a hurry to foist an incomplete upgrade on to the market Apple should show a bit more genuine concern for its customers. This spells bad publicity for Greedy Apple and it will be bad for its business.

dadnmad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MattIM said:
Do you have an iPad1? If you did you would know that the iPad1 has the original Map App, YouTube and functions flawlessly! So don't be putting down my iPad you iPad3 fanboy. LOL!!

Here here matt. I still luv my iPad 1, & see no reason to change, unlike the rest of the "follow the crowd'ers". Peace

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
dadnmad said:
Here here matt. I still luv my iPad 1, & see no reason to change, unlike the rest of the "follow the crowd'ers". Peace

Agreed, as long as a device does what it's supposed to, there's no reason to change just for the sake of change. The time to update is when the old device can no longer meet your needs.u

Last edited:

NGC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is beyond my comprehension that anyone is happy with the ios6 downgrade unless all you use is your email. Has anyone seen the Hitler Video on the ios6 downgrade. Funny!

janner43

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It is beyond my comprehension that anyone is happy with the ios6 downgrade unless all you use is your email.

Why so? Do apps not run any more? OK, no StreetView, but other than that, what's the problem? From what I've read, its a smoother OS with more system features.

dadnmad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
scifan57 said:
Agreed, as long as a device does what it to, there's no reason to change just for the sake of change. The time to update is when the old device can no longer meet your needs.

So true, I feel that even more these days, people just jump on board to the newer device to be the kinda popular kid at school, sorta thing. My theory is...if it ain't broke, don't try to fix it. Peace

imranbecks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One thing i've noticed is that the wifi network is really slow since the update. Facebook, games and safari all take quite a long time to load. Websites on safari for instance wouldn't load properly or not load at all. Facebook pages won't load completely.

Davejm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
my closing gripe is a petty one, aren't they all? I enjoy playing hearts HD when idle or waiting around, sines os6 it does not allow the player to return to the menu page or create a new game! What's all that about? I have deleted and re installed it several times and even tried the non HD version with the same results, can anyone shed any light on why this is happening? Is it software incompatibility between os6 and the game? If so shouldn't is have been noticed during testing prior to rolling out the new os?

Game update just released fixing the menu and new game issue. Happier bunny now

susanlackey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
NGC said:
It is beyond my comprehension that anyone is happy with the ios6 downgrade unless all you use is your email. Has anyone seen the Hitler Video on the ios6 downgrade. Funny!

My life is on my iPad. I have one personal and two business email accounts, contact lists and calendars. I use it to access salesforce when I am away from my laptop at home and one of my WLS customers contacts me needing information. I track my expenses on it. I use yelp and other apps to help me find places to eat, visit and stay when I am out of town. I keep myself on track with the reminders. I have access to all my important information wherever I go thanks to Evernote and Dropbox. I manage my diet in it with MyNetDiary. I am able to keep up with the forums I administer on it when I am away from home. I keep in touch via messaging, FaceTime and Skype. I keep entertained with my Kindle app, games, Facebook and twitter. I can check the weather anytime, anywhere. And now, thanks to Siri, which works amazingly well for me, I am able to do all of that even easier than before the update

So, I don't consider iOS6 a downgrade. I love it and am beyond pleased with it.

Spugnut

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My life is on my iPad. I have one personal and two business email accounts, contact lists and calendars. I use it to access salesforce when I am away from my laptop at home and one of my WLS customers contacts me needing information. I track my expenses on it. I use yelp and other apps to help me find places to eat, visit and stay when I am out of town. I keep myself on track with the reminders. I have access to all my important information wherever I go thanks to Evernote and Dropbox. I manage my diet in it with MyNetDiary. I am able to keep up with the forums I administer on it when I am away from home. I keep in touch via messaging, FaceTime and Skype. I keep entertained with my Kindle app, games, Facebook and twitter. I can check the weather anytime, anywhere. And now, thanks to Siri, which works amazingly well for me, I am able to do all of that even easier than before the update

So, I don't consider iOS6 a downgrade. I love it and am beyond pleased with it.

I agree. I am not a great fan of the new look app store, but neither was the previous one that brilliant. I guess like with most things, I will get used to it and some time in the future I will thing "What was all the fuss about?"

seebush

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tsuintx, how long do you usually wait before you update to the next OS, and how do you decide when to to update? KevinJS, is my only option (apart from waiting, I don't know how long), to take my ipad to the Apple store, which is miles away? This is my first Apple product and Probably my last. As I said, it shouldn't be this way. As bugs go, wouldn't you all agree that being unable to download and use a new OS at all is a fairly major bug (at least as far as that particular OS is concerned). I have a standard Windows 7 set up which is up to date and working correctly, so I'm guessing that millions of others are in the same position as me. There was a lot of razzamatazz and hype from Apple prior to the release of IOS6. I hope they are embarrassed. Obviously, I have nothing against any other poster, we all have to live in this crazy world. I am simply looking for information and passing on my opinion. Thanks.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
seebush said:
Tsuintx, how long do you usually wait before you update to the next OS, and how do you decide when to to update? KevinJS, is my only option (apart from waiting, I don't know how long), to take my ipad to the Apple store, which is miles away? This is my first Apple product and Probably my last. As I said, it shouldn't be this way. As bugs go, wouldn't you all agree that being unable to download and use a new OS at all is a fairly major bug (at least as far as that particular OS is concerned). I have a standard Windows 7 set up which is up to date and working correctly, so I'm guessing that millions of others are in the same position as me. There was a lot of razzamatazz and hype from Apple prior to the release of IOS6. I hope they are embarrassed. Obviously, I have nothing against any other poster, we all have to live in this crazy world. I am simply looking for information and passing on my opinion. Thanks.

Have you tried doing the update directly on the iPad? Settings - General - Software Update

Usually the problem you are having stems from a connectivity issue with the Apple Servers. Now that can be anything from your PC, Internet connection, etc. Mostly it would be an intermittent Internet connection, ie. wifi dropping out, slow DSL, etc.

Hopefully letting the update happen directly on the device will assist, I did my iPad 2, iPhone and daughter's 3GS that way.

susanlackey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Spugnut said:
I agree. I am not a great fan of the new look app store, but neither was the previous one that brilliant. I guess like with most things, I will get used to it and some time in the future I will thing "What was all the fuss about?"

Exactly! I think sometimes, people just don't like change, but once they get used to it, they are fine.

NGC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you heard that Google Earth will be integrated with Google Maps for 3D. Apple needs to act quickly before their customer base disappears. Even RIM has a better phone coming.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
NGC said:
Have you heard that Google Earth will be integrated with Google Maps for 3D. Apple needs to act quickly before their customer base disappears. Even RIM has a better phone coming.

The 3D feature in Google earth has been out for some time now.

image-3372964699.jpgi find that it's not as good as the flyover view in Apple maps.

image-2286615695.jpgthis second view is from the Apple maps flyover view of Rome.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts