What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Comex hired by Apple!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TC93

iPF Noob
Reaction score
He is a sellout. Yeah I know people don't like me saying that, but it's exactly what he is. They hired him to stop jailbreaks.

guthrien

iPF Noob
Reaction score
His job will be looking for security holes, without question. This is very bad news for jailbreakers, though you have to congratulate the turn his life took for him.

Kinda bummed! He's a jailbreaking genius.

samion

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Edited by moderator: there is no need to be rude about anyone......G1. Working for what he believes in but then jacking that all in when Apple pay him.

On the other hand, who wouldn't take the money and career opportunity and actually even if for the wrong reasons this will inspire other clever jailbreakers to break the OS.

Apologies to Apple fanboys but I cannot stand Apple and am just waiting to jump ship to Android and with the Samsung Tab 10.1 better in absolutely every department I'm very glad this news has come in just before I was on the verge of buying an iPad 2.

I might just however wait a couple of months to see if ipad 2 is jailbreakable on iOS 5 before making any rash decisions.

An unjailbreakable iDevice is a piece of junk. A jailbreakable iDevice is phenomenal.

Waiting patiently hoping the jailbreakers can continue to beat Apple, even if they have comex on their side...

Last edited by a moderator:

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
samion said:
... I cannot stand Apple and am just waiting to jump ship to Android and with the Samsung Tab 10.1 better in absolutely every department ....

Please do. I'm sure your life will be much happier.

-t

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Guys, this is an interesting thread however, if it descends into rude comments about anyone then it will be closed, let's keep it civil.

The Archangel

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Guys, this is an interesting thread however, if it descends into rude comments about anyone then it will be closed, let's keep it civil.

The Archangel

AND ~

This thread turns into an Apple bashing thread ~ appropriate sanctions will be dispersed and the thread will be closed.

Last warning.

Stay on Topic!

kevbo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If he has the chance to be in some high level position at the largest company in the US, then who can blame him? I don't think he's a sellout at all. Hacking is a hobby and he loves Apple products. I don't recall him ever leading a philosophical crusade against Apple.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ummm, I know you guys love this kid but he's taking an internship....not becoming their lead security analyst...

He will have an opportunity to work with some extremely talented people at Apple and could do very well in the long term. He won't be starting at the top though. This is not a movie about hackers...

-t

guthrien

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I certainly wasn't implying that, but there's definitely reason to believe he'll be discussing security vulnerabilities. That is his specialty and he has shown a rare talent for it. Apple is a smart company.

samion

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apologies for being rude about comex (I didn't realise calling him what I did ws *that* rude but that's cool I accept it was negative!). It's refreshing to come across a repectable and friendly board where rudeness and flaming is stamped on immediately. Good work mods and thanks! It's good to know the same protection is likely to be extended to everyone - myself included - so I can write freely without expecting a harsh response hopefully :)

Back to my sincere thoughts... I was all excited about getting an ipad 2 and on the verge of buying one having worked extremely hard in the last few weeks with extra shifts purely to get my hands on one. Having been an avid iphone user and jailbreaker for years this news is now really putting me off and making me consider the Tab (which from what I see is superior in almost every department).

I'm no droid fanboy nor ipad/apple fanboy. I have no affiliation with anyone or anything and I'm totally open to go with either ipad or android. I just want whatever's best. However there is no way on earth I will buy an unjailbroken iDevice having experienced this horror many times with my iPhones, whatever iOS5 or future OSs will be like.

My concern is that with comex going over to Apple does this spell the end for iPad jailbreaks? Is it likely iPad 2 iOS5 will be unjailbreakable? My knowledge of the jailbreakers and methods etc is not that great tbh, so I don't know how much of a blow this is. If he is just one of a large pool of talented jailbreakers then there's not a problem I suppose but if he's the main man, this could spell the end for jailbreaking? And therefore spell the end for paying iDevice and iApp like me...

Any (polite and genuine) thoughts please?

Thanks! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions