What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Comcast Brings Xfinity TV App to iPad

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score

Comcast is bringing its new Xfinity TV app to the iPad, the company announced today. The app will enable Xfinity TV digital customers to watch TV shows and movies directly on their iPad either at home or when out and about.

The Xfinity TV app is both a TV guide and a mobile video player rolled into one. You can use it to change TV channels from your iPad, as well as to search and instantly find what to watch among thousands of choices, including top movies and premium cable shows, on TV, On Demand, online or on the iPad.

Initially, Comcast will be offering hit shows and blockbuster movies from the top premium networks on the app. Then, in future weeks and months, the app will continue to expand its content and functionality through regular development updates, which will include thousands of additional entertainment choices, added remote control features and enhanced search features across platforms.

The first version of the app, which is also compatible with the iPhone and iPod touch, can be downloaded here, and is free to Comcast digital customers.

Source: Comcast

CHT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow, this seems really cool. I'll be downloading it and giving it a try.

CHT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Error when trying to log in? Well that sucks, and so does this app I guess. Some of the reviews are posting my same issue. Too bad for me....

SheerLuckHolmes

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It would appear from the web site that you have to be a Comcast customer, since you have to be at home in front of your TV and cable box when you first set this up.

TheBigCheese

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It would have been nice if you could watch the same shows and movies that are allowed from a PC instead of just showing listings.

Also, there is no favorite station feature so you have to scroll down for AGES to get to the stations you actually care about!

Unlike some others have reported, it never crashed on me, controlled my 3 TV's perfectly, and had the correct lineup.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It worked!

I couldn't believe it!! But they were watching Glee and then I changed it to my selection on my iPad here!.....somehow....all by myself.;)

It works! I only saw a min because everyone yelled at me. Now how mean was that I ask you?

I will try again as soon as everyone splits.:D

iPadster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It works great. I was hiding and flipping channels on my family! It actually changes channels faster then my comcast remote. It also works well on my iPhone.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I forgot about this! I am so on it this weekend! So yours works well, huh? Very cool, Sir.:)

I heard on Clark Howard show, that Comcast is trippin as customers are leaving to greener pastures ~ so this is why they did this.

iPadster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You also can log in to view your DVR schedule. I am still working on figuring out what else I can do. This is pathetic, now not only do I have my iPad watching TV while surfing and reading mail, I am changing the channels with it. If they would just come out with the get me another beer app life would be perfect:D

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You also can log in to view your DVR schedule. I am still working on figuring out what else I can do. This is pathetic, now not only do I have my iPad watching TV while surfing and reading mail, I am changing the channels with it. If they would just come out with the get me another beer app life would be perfect:D

Seriously? Very cool! I was wondering that too!! Well I am glad we found each other ~ I will learn from you I am sure.:D

We should start our own thread and not mess up Marla's.

Look for it okay?

iPadster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is pathetic, I not only have my iPad in my hand watching TV surfing the net and reading email, I'm am changing channels as well! If they only came out with a bring me a beer app life would be perfect. :D

iPadster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry I thought I lost my last post. New thread sounds great I'm in

Most reactions