What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Comcast to Bring Live TV Streaming to iPad This Year, And 3,000 Hours of On Demand TV

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score

Comcast Chairman and CEO Brian L. Roberts announced today that Comcast plans to enable in-home streaming for live and On Demand content this year on the iPad, meaning that later this year, Comcast customers will be able to watch live news, TV shows and movies in their homes whenever they want. Comcast also revealed new details about the “play now†capability that will soon be available on the iPad, which will enable the viewing of almost 3,000 hours of On Demand programming on the iPad, via Comcast’s Xfinity iPad app. The programming will include popular movies and hit TV shows, and will be available either in the home or on the go, including anywhere there’s a wireless connection. Comcast promises that the initial choice of programmes and movies will be only the beginning, as the company has plans to bring thousands of additional choices to the iPad in the weeks and months to come.

Comcast’s Xfinity TV iPad app acts as a television guide, remote control and mobile video player all in one. Customers can use it to change TV channels, search and browse through their TV and On Demand listings, and program their DVRs. Future releases of the app will include seamless access to social networking sites so that you can share what you’re watching with your friends in real time, as well as a “MyTV†feature that lets you send and receive personal recommendations to and from your friends. Here’s Roberts talking about Comcast’s plans for the app:

“Live streaming and the play now feature on our Xfinity TV app are two important pieces of our strategy to deliver any content to any device, any time. Comcast has a series of upcoming online enhancements and app releases that are part of a much larger effort to reinvent how customers interact with their entertainment on TV, online and on mobile devices.â€

Comcast customers can download the free Xfinity app here: XFINITY TV for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

Source: Comcast

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Comcast’s Xfinity TV iPad app acts as a television guide, remote control and mobile video player all in one. Customers can use it to change TV channels, search and browse through their TV and On Demand listings, and program their DVRs. Future releases of the app will include seamless access to social networking sites so that you can share what you’re watching with your friends in real time, as well as a “MyTV†feature that lets you send and receive personal recommendations to and from your friends.

I love this app, Maura! I was just thinking last night how I wish it would allow us to watch TV shows.

And now it will!

OP
M

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
Comcast’s Xfinity TV iPad app acts as a television guide, remote control and mobile video player all in one. Customers can use it to change TV channels, search and browse through their TV and On Demand listings, and program their DVRs. Future releases of the app will include seamless access to social networking sites so that you can share what you’re watching with your friends in real time, as well as a “MyTV†feature that lets you send and receive personal recommendations to and from your friends.

I love this app, Maura! I was just thinking last night how I wish it would allow us to watch TV shows.

And now it will!

Cool! I love it when that happens :)

MirandaSb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have not used this app though Xfinity, but I have used a similar app through DISH. I have been a long time customer/subscriber and I have been waiting for something similar to this for some time now. I was so excited but a little hesitant when I first started using this wondering if my investment was a poor choice. Soon after my purchase I realized that I hadn't made a poor choice and that It was totally worth it. Being an employee of DISH I felt that I knew a lot about what it would do, until my 5 year old proved me wrong. He showed me that you can access DVR recordings, which I didn't know how to do. But we took a trip over winter break, and we were able to watch our subscribed programming any time we wanted from 4 states away! Its pretty neat! Check it out!

Most reactions

Latest posts