What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Close multipe apps in one go

TigerT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

Can anyone help with an app that close all running apps in one go on the IPAD 2.

I can close the apps one by one but sure there is a small program that could close them all together.

Thanks

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
RemoveBackground is what you are after...

Or WeeKillBackgroundPro if you fancy doing it from notification centre....

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dstuttgen said:
I installed weekillbackground pro but nothing happens when I swipe the notification center. I'm confused.

Swipe it down, and tap on "kill all apps" or something. I don't quite remember what it says

dstuttgen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Swipe it down, and tap on "kill all apps" or something. I don't quite remember what it says

Yeah, that part I get, it's just that the notification center does not have anything to swipe. I don't see that anything needs to be activated in winterboard or anything. I believe I shall uninstall and reinstll the app and see if that makes it behave.

Cheers, Dan

dstuttgen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Nah, that didn't work. It installs, it shows up in "Settings" under "Extensions" and there are some choices for Appearance & Look and Features & Functionality. There is no button in the notification center that can be tapped or swiped. It basically does not work.

Bummer. Dan

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dstuttgen said:
Yeah, that part I get, it's just that the notification center does not have anything to swipe. I don't see that anything needs to be activated in winterboard or anything. I believe I shall uninstall and reinstll the app and see if that makes it behave.

Cheers, Dan

There shouldn't be any swiping involved besides pulling the notification center window down. Once you install the app you have to put it in the notification center window in the settings app.

Ulrich

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Old thread, but I prefer KillBackground. Installs a little "skull & bones" button in your app switcher task bar. Double-tap the home button, touch the kill button, done.

Free, too.

OP
T

TigerT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does the Ipad2 have to be jail broken before you can install kill background?

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
TigerT said:
Does the Ipad2 have to be jail broken before you can install kill background?

Of course!
Your in the hacking section, basically everything in this section requires jailbreaking. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts