What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clamcase

OP
xune

xune

iPF Noob
Reaction score
to the OP: Hows the keyboard on the clamcase? It looks a little small...

It's as wide as your ipad in landscape mode, so it may not be best suited for those who have large hands that plan on typing with their hands side by side w/o looking.

Turn your iPad to landscape mode and bring up your keyboard. The Clamcase's keyboard is a little wider than that, but not by much.

Wingr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anybody receive one yet that ordered before they were sold out?
I ordered one in December for the $99 discount price, but my order still shows pending.

Blackbelt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have placed an order as well however no notifications as of yet. I also like the fact that the clips will keep the iPad in place but do not invade the screen. I truly dislike the cases that cover the black frame of the iPad.

Wingr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Received the following tonight, I guess they will be coming soon!

"We are excited to announce shipment of CLAMCASE™ the all-in-one keyboard, case and stand for iPad®. Orders will begin shipping next week and will continue throughout January. In an effort to further expedite your package, CLAMCASE™ will ship directly from our factory and your order will be automatically upgraded to 3-day priority shipping at no extra charge. Once your item ships, you will receive a Shipment Notification email with carrier and tracking information.

Get pumped! The CLAMCASEâ„¢ has officially been scoured over and tuned to perfection. The ultimate in design and the quality of "Made in the USA". You will be one of the first to experience the CLAMCASEâ„¢ and we are sure you will love it!"

rsmin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great looking keyboard. Look forward to hearing reviews!

Rusty ;)

slothead

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
tjmanson1.wordpress.com
I have a number of questions about the ClamCase that some of you may be able to answer and then maybe not:
1. If there is an extra battery inside (and it appears there is if it can run for 90 hours!!!), how does it connect to the iPad?
2. I assume that the keyboard can't do all the touch screen functions and there are still some functions that require the user to select icons on-screen, and if this is true does touching those icons upset the balance of the whole device (such that you have to support the back of the iPad when pressing the screen)?

Thanks for any input on these questions.

Wingr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
slothead said:
I have a number of questions about the ClamCase that some of you may be able to answer and then maybe not:
1. If there is an extra battery inside (and it appears there is if it can run for 90 hours!!!), how does it connect to the iPad?
2. I assume that the keyboard can't do all the touch screen functions and there are still some functions that require the user to select icons on-screen, and if this is true does touching those icons upset the balance of the whole device (such that you have to support the back of the iPad when pressing the screen)?

Thanks for any input on these questions.

1.The battery is for the Bluetooth keyboard, not the iPad itself.
2. Should know soon...

Klawster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That is a very cool case, I am going to look into them too bad that they are all sold out....well, I am sure my hubbie is glad they are lol....

MachThree

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One question for anyone who has one of these - is the keyboard recessed into the case? It looks like if you flip the case over and prop the ipad up that way, the keyboard ends up face down and possible in contact with whatever surface you put the case down on to. Would a rough surface scuff up or damage the keyboard?

sherwoodhugehs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
!!!!buyer beware!!!

Folks, if you are considering buying a Clam Case you should read the discussions forum Clam Case on Facebook . Many people have ordered this product back in December. Most, if not all are still waiting for their product despite the fact that many have had their credit cards and debit cards charged. The "company" response to questions is always "we are starting to ship next week" and then nothing happens. Others have received emails that say their product has shipped but then when they ask for the tracking number that is not in their email they simply get another email back saying tracking numbers are in shipping emails. Folks are very upset because they really want this product but many are loosing heart with the company who doesn't seem to know how to communicate properly. BUYER BEWARE!!!

ipadfanatic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Folks, if you are considering buying a Clam Case you should read the discussions forum Clam Case on Facebook . Many people have ordered this product back in December. Most, if not all are still waiting for their product despite the fact that many have had their credit cards and debit cards charged. The "company" response to questions is always "we are starting to ship next week" and then nothing happens. Others have received emails that say their product has shipped but then when they ask for the tracking number that is not in their email they simply get another email back saying tracking numbers are in shipping emails. Folks are very upset because they really want this product but many are loosing heart with the company who doesn't seem to know how to communicate properly. BUYER BEWARE!!!

I am someone that ordered two of these cases last week and don't expect to get mine shipped for at least a month. I would be pissed to be getting no answers from customer service on when (or if) their case will ship.

This product passed FCC over a week ago so not shipping is straight bull if you ask me. This is either because of manufacturing issues or they found a serious hardware issue after receiving them.

Also I checked out google realtime and it seems some people (when i say some I mean three) have received their case but some don't even power on.

[ame="http://www.google.com/search?tbs=mbl%3A1&hl=en&source=hp&biw=1276&bih=855&q=clamcase"]http://www.google.com/search?tbs=mbl%3A1&hl=en&source=hp&biw=1276&bih=855&q=clamcase[/ame]

Off topic but this is the same thing that Ivy Skin are pulling with the battery for the iPad Smartcase. If you purchased the case with the battery pack you only got the case and the battery will ship at a later date. It's been months and their has been no update (still says pre-order on their website).

Last edited:

ipadfanatic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One question for anyone who has one of these - is the keyboard recessed into the case? It looks like if you flip the case over and prop the ipad up that way, the keyboard ends up face down and possible in contact with whatever surface you put the case down on to. Would a rough surface scuff up or damage the keyboard?

This is one of the first questions I wanted to know as well

The keyboard will be a little raised up as a result of rubber "feet" located at the corners of the (look right under the screen). There are also feet on the bottom of the case.

Engadget posted a quick review of it on youtube.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbBb7sTRo-w[/ame]

Izziemom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got mine on Tuesday without any of the problems mentioned in previous posts. Works as advertised and I am very pleased.

Most reactions

Latest posts