What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cheaper iPad 4 lightning camera connector

OP
N

nickmeister

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks I think it's worth trying, worked it out will cost about £10 for both devices so a good deal. My iPad 4 is running new iOS 6 will it matter which version I am running for these to be compatible?

DaxFX

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have my camera ebay kit, now im waiting for a 30 pin to lighting adapter also from ebay, will see if my camera kit will work on the adapter

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
N

nickmeister

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DaxFX I've ordered this combo too so will let you know of this works?? I've also checked and both devices support iOS 6 so hoping they will work.

Rockbottom

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have the 30 pin to lightning adapter. I also have the Apple camera kit and one aftermarket kit for compact flash cards. Both do not work with the adapter on the iPad4 (is it how it is usually called). My main camera Canon 40D is using compact cards. This is a bummer.

DaxFX

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I recived my camera kit the very same day i returd my refurbished ipad 3 to the store kuz the yellow tint i grab a brand new ipad 4 when got home i got the surprise in the mailbox, i totally forgot about my camera kit since my yellowish display was my stress for few days untill i returned, "now what im going to do with my new camera kit wont fit" jijijijiji my new stress now jajaja i went to ebay and found the adapter not the cable and i purchased, then i realize that camera kit with the adapter could be too much weight or stress to the tiny lightning port and went to ebay again and ordered the the cable 30 pin to lighting,

we ipad user is want to be a perfect guy, LOL.. Did i mention my new ipad 4 also came with the yellow tint on screen i also returned for another ipad 4 now this one is perfect finally

DaxFX

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the 30 pin to lightning adapter. I also have the Apple camera kit and one aftermarket kit for compact flash cards. Both do not work with the adapter on the iPad4 (is it how it is usually called). My main camera Canon 40D is using compact cards. This is a bummer.

Yap. I recived my adapter 30 pin to lightning and try my camera kit and the ipad did not recognize it.. Too bad

Rockbottom

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just purchased the cable camera adapter, Lightning to USB. Works with both my Canon cameras. Just need to make sure to carry the camera USB cable in addition to the Apple USB camera kit. And the micro USB cable for my wife's camera... But it works.

OP
N

nickmeister

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the lightning to USB adapter and found that it didn't work with the non lightning camera connector. I decided to buy the lightning to USB/SD camera reader which is a 3rd party one. Will see what happens with that.

Most reactions

Latest posts