What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cheap/Temporary Case

tonypitt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lots of discussion here I know about cases and such. I've already ordered a custom case from Vaja, but I don't expect that to come in for a month or so. My iPad will (hopefully) be here by the end of the week though, and I'd like something to keep it protected until my Vaja case comes in.

I need something that will work, is cheap, and I can get it here quickly. It's just a stopgap until the real case arrives. Any recommendations?

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
I picked up a Microsoft Netbook case until I got my permanent case. It worked well for the short time I used it and was only $9.

The bag was black and had an orange trim and orange zippers. The inside had a buble indented padding. I got it at Compusa(TigerDirect)

OP
T

tonypitt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great suggestions about the netbook sleeve. I found one on Amazon that someone else reviewed for use with the iPad and had a photo of. Bottom line price of $5 and I should have it tomorrow.

Thanks!

OP
T

tonypitt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi pat3ck,

Ironically, that Kensington Sleeve is exactly what I ordered from Amazon yesterday. (I guess that great minds think alike.) :)

VetPsychWars

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why not just use the box it came in? Dorky, but you already paid for it.

Tom

danko

iPF Noob
Reaction score
BoxWave has a pretty cool ipad case, the Manila envelope looks like an envelope haha. Or if your looking for a tempoary one, just use an actual envelope?

dj r

iPF Noob
Reaction score
does anyone know of any stores that have a sock or something VERY slim to protect my iPad until I find the perfect case?

staples costco bjs bestbuy 5below, anyone stock them? I need one within 24 hours, I'm flying tomorrow night and the iPad will be in my camera bag. I want it to have some sort of sleeve on it.

The only bag bestbuy has is $30-40. Eventually I won't mind spending that much on the perfect case, but for now I need a stop gap cheapo until I have time to research the perfect mate.

Cheers,

USBill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same as I used to use with my netbook: a zippered portfolio with a yellow pad inside. You can remove the noted or leave it in for extra protection.

It has the advantage of not attracting unwanted attention, if you leave it on a car seat, too!

dj r

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do like that I can fit the ipad in a map pocket in my car or hide under the mat, if I can't bring it inside. out of sight!

busboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try this place, you can get a pretty nice leather case, almost like the one apple sells, for $11 They also have spare wall chargers for about $6 and spare cables.

Dang, it wont let me post the link to the site because this is my first post!! Do a google search for cellphoneshop. When you get there, click on Iphone, then click on ipad accessories.

Most reactions