What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Charging problems

Dianeleslie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For some reason my iPad will not charge using the cord and any wall sockets.
It was fine yesterday but now I plug it in, it briefly shows the charging symbol and switches to 'not charging'
Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks

Diane

Reaction score
Maybe it has something to do with the charger, I had an old iPad charger, it bent at the top where the plug was, and the charger couldn't charge because of it, so I had to replace the charger, because it was very difficult to get it to charge, it took me like 10 minutes each time to get it to charge, so I would suggest checking to see if there's anything strange about the charger.

AllenSalar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try comparing with friend's charger first, just to make sure :)...

5er driver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had this issue since day one with my iPad 3 and the original 11 watt wall charger and docking cable that came with it. I also have several original Apple 11 watt chargers and cables throughout the house and have the same issue with them. I do this though, and it works for me every time. Before charging, pull the wall charger out of the 120/240V supply. Pull the docking cable out of the iPad. Short the two blades of the charger together in the palm of your hand or put a finger across them for a couple of seconds. Don't worry, you won't feel any electricity. Then plug the cable into the iPad, then the charger into the 120/240V power supply. I don't know why this works for me but it does. Let us know if this works for you.

Sent from my iPhone 4S or iPad 3rd gen, whichever I happened to have in my hands at the time, using iPF.net

Most reactions

Latest posts