What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iTunes issues

tekdragon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My father-in-law has an iPad 64 GB. He is running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. I have installed and re-installed the 64 bit version of iTunes several times. He has the current version which is 10.2.2.14. He is using dedicated USB 2 port that I added to the computer.His version of Windows and his anti-virus software is all up to date. The issue is iTunes does not see the iPad either with the anti-virus on or off. I'm not sure what the iOS is.

When being charged by the wall socket it takes longer than normal to charge and sometimes it doesn't charge at all.

Could it be the cable that is faulty?

Please let me know.

Thanks.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
First, when charging the iPad use the charger that came with it. It supplies 10W, which is far more than most computer or wall chargers can supply, including the iPhone chargers. Using anything else will either charge slowly, or not at all.

Second, I've heard this problem before, and it usually has to do with having the right USB drivers. I don't have any personal experience with it, but here is Apple's support page dealing with the problem.

iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch: Device not recognized in iTunes for Windows

If that doesn't do the trick, hopefully someone else with more Windows/iTunes experience will wander along.

Most reactions

Latest posts