What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Charging ipad 1

wullie1967

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HI I'm charging my iPad 1 by the wall charger and it went up by 10% after 2 hours I have the iPad lead but using my android plug help

jhall124

iPF Noob
Reaction score
wullie1967 said:

Sounds like you're using a 5w charger. The iPads require 10w.
What you're using may work, but it will only trickle charge.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

wa4otj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The "Official" Apple charger is a little expensive. There is a much cheaper alternative, and one that is much better.

I saw a China-made "2-in-1" adapter at Central Computer the other day. I am looking but do not see a brand on it, so maybe the brand name is Central Computers. It just says "2 in 1" on the device. The thing that is neat about it, is that it is a little triangle, with a 120VAC power prong on one face, and 12VDC lighter plug on another face, and a USB connection on the third face. It will deliver 10 watts to iPad, or any other USB powered device, using either the car power socket, or the wall socket.

The best part is the price, $11.99, and when I was in the store, it was on sale for $9.99.

Here is a link to it on their web site.

CentralComputers.com - 2 in 1 USB Wall And Car Charger Combo, 5V, 2A Supports iPhone4,3GS,3G, iPad2/iPad, iPod

$9.99 instead of the $29.99 from Apple, for a more flexible device. I bought one and use it all the time. Great little device, at a great price.

Nathan

OP
wullie1967

wullie1967

iPF Noob
Reaction score
wa4otj said:
The "Official" Apple charger is a little expensive. There is a much cheaper alternative, and one that is much better.

I saw a China-made "2-in-1" adapter at Central Computer the other day. I am looking but do not see a brand on it, so maybe the brand name is Central Computers. It just says "2 in 1" on the device. The thing that is neat about it, is that it is a little triangle, with a 120VAC power prong on one face, and 12VDC lighter plug on another face, and a USB connection on the third face. It will deliver 10 watts to iPad, or any other USB powered device, using either the car power socket, or the wall socket.

The best part is the price, $11.99, and when I was in the store, it was on sale for $9.99.

Here is a link to it on their web site.

CentralComputers.com - 2 in 1 USB Wall And Car Charger Combo, 5V, 2A Supports iPhone4,3GS,3G, iPad2/iPad, iPod

$9.99 instead of the $29.99 from Apple, for a more flexible device. I bought one and use it all the time. Great little device, at a great price.

Nathan

Thanks man

Most reactions

Latest posts