What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Charger getting warm - is this OK?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatriciaF

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, Is anyone having problems with the charger getting rather warm? I plugged my charger into the wall outlet and noticed it is getting warm. Do you think I need a new charger? Thank you.:confused:

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Charger

Hello, Is anyone having problems with the charger getting rather warm? I plugged my charger into the wall outlet and noticed it is getting warm. Do you think I need a new charger? Thank you.:confused:

Hi Patricia

No, your charger is fine, they DO get quite hot, it's normal, no need for replacement :)

It's when they DON'T get warm you have problems!

DM51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's fine :). If the iPad itself started getting warm/hot during recharging, that would be a different matter, and a sign that the battery was beginning to fail; but that is not likely to happen to anyone until their iPad is at least 3 years old. So - no need to worry!

arbor53

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the same deal, I thought it was gonna catch on fire it was that hot but it's worked perfect and it starts to cool off when the iPad reaches about 95% charge

OP
PatriciaF

PatriciaF

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@Vintage90 Thanks for the update. I was getting worried and didn't my new iPad to blow up! Now I can relax. Have a nice holiday weekend.

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
PatriciaF said:
@Vintage90 Thanks for the update. I was getting worried and didn't my new iPad to blow up! Now I can relax. Have a nice holiday weekend.

Thanks Patricia, you too :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
ummm My charger's been plugged in for the past couple of months and the iPads charge fine when plugged in.

Never looked under the desk to check it was alright :(

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad charger is essentially a transformer, which steps-up or steps-down the voltage between the socket and the device, and heat is normally generated as a by-product of this process. You should be worried only if the charger, for example, starts making a humming or buzzing sound (which is a defect.)

mikeos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
in my experience everything apple makes gets warm!
you should feel the charger for my MacBook air, or the MacBook air itself. you could cook bacon on it somtimes!

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
As the OP has had her question answered and the age of this thread, it will now be closed.

Thank you for your understanding

.................THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED..............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts