What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Charger block overheatting?

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Anyone else getting this? The ac adapter used to charge the new iPad gets so hot it would probably burn me if I held it for more than a few seconds.

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Did you read what I just posted about the much larger battery size causing the excessive heat on the back on the iPad unit in one of the corners? This is totally related as the charger will take a good 2-3 hours longer to charge the new iPad than it did to charge the iPad 2.

OP
MikesTooLz

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Mickeylittle said:
Did you read what I just posted about the much larger battery size causing the excessive heat on the back on the iPad unit in one of the corners? This is totally related as the charger will take a good 2-3 hours longer to charge the new iPad than it did to charge the iPad 2.

I'm not talking about the iPad itself I'm talking about the square brick that you put on the end of the cable used for charging

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes sir and I'm talking about both of them. We have 2 different type of heat threads going on right now. Yours is the charging block. Hopefully Apple is aware that their new iPad will give the charging block a run for it's money as it will require an extra 2-3 hours charging time on a daily basis as compared to the old charging block and the iPad 2.

The other threads are in reference to the heat pouring thru the back of the iPad body where this massage battery is being housed. And the temp changes on it depending on the amount of juice remaining in it and the amount of juice going to it!

Most reactions

Latest posts