What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changing The Look of new IOS7

Weehop

iPF Noob
Reaction score
IS it possible to change the look of the desktop on the IPad. I don't care much for the large gray task bar across the bottom. Any way to either change the color of it,
or , better yet, make it more narrow? Same with the boxes in which I group my icons. I can change the look of the icons and desktop by using Pimp Your Screen, but
It has nothing for color of task bar or boxes.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry, but that's the effect now with iOS 7. The bar across the bottom is your dock and the folders are translucent, as you've seen. There is no way to change this look (though, because the dock and folders are translucent, they will show the colors of your wallpaper behind them).

There is no way to change this - not until iOS 7 can be jail broken and the themes can get their hands on it.

Marilyn

Krooked

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree.

I LOVE the enhancements, but I can't stand the shortbus look.

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Sorry, but that's the effect now with iOS 7. The bar across the bottom is your dock and the folders are translucent, as you've seen. There is no way to change this look (though, because the dock and folders are translucent, they will show the colors of your wallpaper behind them).

True for iPad 4 and Mini, but 2 and 3 get a nearly-opaque gray which looks clunky and boring. Same with folders and Control Center. Notification Center is nearly-opaque black. None have the blur effect, either.
image-1557273957.jpgimage-3253955057.jpg

This post handcrafted from 100 percent post-consumer recycled electrons.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I love the new iOS. I feel like I have new devices. This is the biggest upgrade ever!!

Sent from my WiFi Only Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display in NYC using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Latest posts