What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changing Internet Providers

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
hpowders said:
tlbaker- You are welcome!

It was very easy. After plugging the Airport Extreme into the FIOS wireless router with the ethernet cable, a screen came up from Airport utility to update the changes. I clicked update and within a couple of seconds, all was well. My iPad is working just fine. As an aside, the FIOS TV picture is much sharper than that provided by my cable company. I had some anxiety going into the change, but it worked out fine.

Yes. I am glad we found each other. Does the airport router connected to the Verizon router interfere with speed at all? I currently use Verizon's wireless router, Verizon's modem, and a battery back up. I have not tried to connect my linksys wireless router yet.

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 With IOS 5.01 Update From NYC using iPF

OP
H

hpowders

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes. I am glad we found each other. Does the airport router connected to the Verizon router interfere with speed at all? I currently use Verizon's wireless router, Verizon's modem, and a battery back up. I have not tried to connect my linksys wireless router yet.

No. If anything, my iPad works a bit faster. One thing I noticed is the Weather Channel app. changed its format, although that could just be a coincidence and has nothing to do with FIOS.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
hpowders said:
No. If anything, my iPad works a bit faster. One thing I noticed is the Weather Channel app. changed its format, although that could just be a coincidence and has nothing to do with FIOS.

Hmmmm. I have to try this!!!

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
hpowders said:

I will let you know when I do!!

Most reactions