What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changed email addrress

LumixIdol

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On my iPad2 I have entered my new email address but am not able to delete the old address which is still shown as the first address.
When I go to "messages" my Apple ID is still the old email address with no way to change it.
With my new address I also have a new password, so this too needs to be changed some how - but how?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Did you change your Apple ID?

If so, log out of Messages with the old one, then add the new one.

If it's just an email change, add your new email address. Once you see both listed you should be able to delete the old one.

If this is about your main email address under Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars; try deleting your old one then adding the account again with the new information. If it is an iCloud account add it under Settings > iCloud instead.

The Apple ID you use in the main account settings does not change the Messages, FaceTime, or other Apple ID log-ins. Each app has its own sign-in and must be edited separately. While slightly inconvenient at first glance, it does add a lot of flexibility to how you use your accounts.

Most reactions

Latest posts