What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Change Line Spacing

ladymindful

iPF Novice
Reaction score
i have an ipad mini and lately the emails I type look like they have more spacing between the lines. Is there any way I can check to see the line spacing? While I'm at it, any way to change fonts? I'm using the email app that comes with the ipad. Thanks.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The system font changed from Helvetica to San Francisco with iOS 9. The differences might also be noticeable in line spacing.

System font and line spacing are default settings and can't be accessed or changed. The size of the font can be changed, but not the type of font your iPad uses.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The system font changed from Helvetica to San Francisco with iOS 9. The differences might also be noticeable in line spacing.

System font and line spacing are default settings and can't be accessed or changed. The size of the font can be changed, but not the type of font your iPad uses.

Well, there is one font change you can make. You can choose the Bold settings in Settings > Display & Brightness > Text. This won't change the font itself, but will make the lines slightly thicker.

The iPad will reboot when you do this, so that it can change the font choice system wide. Apps that use fonts other than the system font will not be affected.

For those still on iOS 8, this setting is in Settings > General > Accesibilty.

Most reactions