What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crack between body and screen

b00st4ddicted

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,

I was cleaning fingerprints off my ipad 2 today and realize there is a small hair line crack between the body and the screen. I have a white ipad so it shows the crack pretty well. I pushed it down with my finger trying to close the space, but it came back up again. I then picked up my wife's ipad 2 and realized that she has the same space between the screen and the body like mine on the top and the bottom of the ipad. I started to wonder since it's on both of the ipad 2s... maybe that's the way it is? Can anyone help me out by looking at their ipad to see if you have a hair line space between the screen and the body? thanks in advance!!

Herrflik

iPF Noob
Reaction score
on mine there you can see where the body and screen meet but i must say it doesnt move its that small. on the black its not noticable, can you upload pics? that would help a lot.

on a more humorous note its might be the legendary Optical Media Drive discussed not long ago :p

OP
B

b00st4ddicted

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here is a picture of it. I don't think it will affect the operation of the ipad, but it's just the fact that I know it's there kind of bugs me LOL. I am currently jailbroken and under warranty. I can go to apple store and get a new one, but the problem is, the new one most likely will be 4.3.5 :(

Attachments

• Photo1.jpg
    Photo1.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 524

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Several Members have reported this problem - with a gap between the body and the screen and the biggest issue seems to be dust getting into the screen between the glass and the LCD display. For sure, Apple are replacing them but, as you said, you're likely to get a currently non-JB version of iOS.

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts