What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Case or no case?

case or no case

• Case

Votes: 341 85.0%
  • Bare naked

Votes: 33 8.2%
  • Screen protector and/or invisible skin

Votes: 27 6.7%

• Total voters

iPadOhana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Case all the time for me. Screen protector is the question. But fo sure a good case is the first thing I get to protect my investment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tzimisce said:
A case would certainly provide a lot more protection than a device without. You would reasonably expect, out of 100 times if a device drops, an unprotected iPad would incur some sort of external and/or internal damage considerably more than one with a case.

If nothing else, a well-designed case buffers a lot of the kinetic impact, thus reducing the chance of the glass breaking or the shell getting dented (to say nothing of the internal electronics.) Citing single examples doesn't mean anything: someone may have driven over his iPad by accident without damage, but it won't mean that ALL iPads are equally impervious to such accidents.

Sorry I know very little about cases this just what I presume. I mean what's the point of getting a basic rubber case that spoils the look and doesn't do much except provide more grip.

Reaction score
biobunny said:
Sorry I know very little about cases this just what I presume. I mean what's the point of getting a basic rubber case that spoils the look and doesn't do much except provide more grip.

Considering that the ipad 2 case only prevents the front from scratches, it seems Apple considers the iPad to be sturdy enough without a proper case.

Last edited:

Mike_73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think the ipad 1 design is sturdy enough, too. I just don't like scratches on any surface of my gadgets.
+1 for a case protecting the devices back

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score

It comes down to the individual, and what he or she wants for the device. Some people like to personalize their device as an extension of their individual expression; others just grab whatever's available in the store when they get their product and don't really mind/care.

tiggerlove

iPF Noob
Reaction score
even though it puts some weight on the iPad to I got the otterbox defender case for my ipad2 and I'm very happy with it

ipadlover29

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Always have a case on it. When im home i use switch easy cover buddy with the smart cover. When im out i use the switch easy canvas.

Sk1zb1t

iPF Noob
Reaction score
zaggshields and zaggmate w/keyboard case. protect your investment (unless u've got more money than me haha)

Aladyleyna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I'm out of the house, I carry my iPad around and use it in the apple case which I bought at the same time as the iPad itself. I also use the case when i want to listen to music when I'm bathing, to prevent the ipad from getting wet. At home though, I just use it barebacked.

But recently, I bought an apple anti-glare screen protector, to protect the screen and make it easier to read. I should have bought one sooner, because the guy who installed the screen told me that my iPad screen was really dirty!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

mocheesehead

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had mine in a Otterbox Defender case since it came out of the box. I love the case...it adds a bit of weight and bulk but I am confident that it will be protected!

jinxx00

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got my orange smart cover before I got my Ipad2! Bought an orange rubber back from eBay and I have a screen shield on as well. I know lots of people regret buying the smart cover but I don't mind it. It does get a little grubby but I always put my iPad down on a towel/blanket/cloth/stand to use - so not much dust gets on the cover or the iPad.

Schoff0310

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got a pink Belkin case to fit on the back of my iPad. It matches my pink Smart cover and now I'm not afraid to slip it into my work case. BTW, ingot it at Target.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts